Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 6 9   
Kenji   12-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Srem Wrote:[Image: Avatar+Zoe+Saldana.jpg]

This or something similiar might make a cool avatar for the RJ forum.

She's very beautiful.

Am I weirdo?
bones weep tedium   12-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Kenji Wrote:She's very beautiful.

Am I weirdo?

You're not weird, Kenji. Just easily manipulated Wink

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Kenji   12-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Srem Wrote:I watched Avatar in 2D and didn't even realize it was 3D until after the movie was over.

No wonder why my eyes were bugging out during the night scene in the forest... :crazy:

Really? You didn't receive 3-D spectacles at ticket seller? :confused:
Kenji   12-28-2009, 09:12 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:You're not weird, Kenji. Just easily manipulated Wink

Yep, I'm easy and simple guy. :p Big Grin
PicardRex   12-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I enjoyed this movie quite a bit, although it did remind me of Dances with Wolves as a review I had read said it would. Also, am I crazy or did they use some "Aliens" soundtrack in that final battle?
t4terrific   12-28-2009, 12:20 PM
NewYorkjoe Wrote:I seem to recall the actor playing the evil colonel from a Stephen Seagal film "Dark Territory." He does a good job. NYj

He also played Ike Clanton in Tombstone. I like to see him in films. He is usually a terrific villain.
bones weep tedium   12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
t4terrific Wrote:He also played Ike Clanton in Tombstone. I like to see him in films. He is usually a terrific villain.

He was recently in The Men Who Stare At Goats, where he was still spooky to look at, but demonstrated rather god comic timing and the confidence to send himself up bit. Wink

PicardRex Wrote:I enjoyed this movie quite a bit, although it did remind me of Dances with Wolves as a review I had read said it would. Also, am I crazy or did they use some "Aliens" soundtrack in that final battle?

If you've seen Dances With Wolves, Aliens and Fern Gully then you've alread prtty much seen Avatar. Wink

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
t4terrific   12-28-2009, 12:59 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:If you've seen Dances With Wolves, Aliens and Fern Gully then you've alread prtty much seen Avatar. Wink

I was highly impressed by Avatar. I think you're description is pretty accurate though. That's about how I'd describe it to someone.

I never would have watched it, had a friend not talked my wife into us all going together. The previews did nothing for me. I was surprisingly sucked in instantly. It seemed like a very short 2 1/2 hours. I'd say Cameron is now one of the greats. He has a short list of feature films, but he has made some amazing stuff. I'm glad to see he's back at it. He has another film due in 2011!

I'd definitely say one should view this film in digital 3D. It adds so much to the experience.
Brian   12-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Here you go Kenji, this is the actress that the female alien is based on.

.jpg
tagged_image.jpg (Size: 57.81 KB Downloads: 78)

There is no wise man without fault
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Brian Wrote:Here you go Kenji, this is the actress that the female alien is based on.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=239]

I haven't seen the flick, but a guy whose opinion I respect asked the question, "Can you get close to a film where an American soldier is the bad guy?"
This post was last modified: 01-01-2010, 11:02 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 6 9