Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 9   
saynomore   12-23-2009, 08:02 AM
I saw Avatar in IMAX 3-D a few hours ago. I actually dodged a few flying objects hurling toward me...until I realized: Hey, this is 3-D; why am I dodging? And why am I reaching for these little lights floating in front of me.

I loved the 3-D. I liked the movie a lot. I have to see it in 2-D so I'll be more attentive to the story and less to the special effects.

AC

P.S. In other words, I plan to see this movie again in 2-D and probably again in 3-D. A few days ago I watched a Three Stooges short in 3-D, with the glasses with one red lens and one blue lens. Boy, 3-D has sure evolved. Pay the extra five bucks and see Avatar in IMAX 3-D. And get ready to dodge just like Bush dodged those flying shoes.
Kenji   12-23-2009, 09:21 AM
KRW Wrote:Don't call me names!

Ah,....sorry.
Kenji   12-23-2009, 09:27 AM
saynomore Wrote:I saw Avatar in IMAX 3-D a few hours ago. I actually dodged a few flying objects hurling toward me...until I realized: Hey, this is 3-D; why am I dodging? And why am I reaching for these little lights floating in front of me.

I loved the 3-D. I liked the movie a lot. I have to see it in 2-D so I'll be more attentive to the story and less to the special effects.

AC

P.S. In other words, I plan to see this movie again in 2-D and probably again in 3-D. A few days ago I watched a Three Stooges short in 3-D, with the glasses with one red lens and one blue lens. Boy, 3-D has sure evolved. Pay the extra five bucks and see Avatar in IMAX 3-D. And get ready to dodge just like Bush dodged those flying shoes.

Why 2-D again? I'll see it with 3-D again and again. Big Grin

Yeah, I dodged Na'vi's arrows, and I tried to touch floating white stuff like jellyfishes.(what was that name?)

IMAX gave me great experience!
Srem   12-26-2009, 02:35 AM
I watched Avatar in 2D and didn't even realize it was 3D until after the movie was over.

No wonder why my eyes were bugging out during the night scene in the forest... :crazy:

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
NewYorkjoe   12-26-2009, 12:10 PM
I saw "Avatar" in Wide-Screen 3-D. I could have gone to the IMAX theater in Chantilly,VA at the Esterhazy Annex to the Air and Space Museum, but they charge $12 just to PARK there!

3-D has sure come a long way from "The Terror in the Wax Museum" and "The Creature Walks Among Us." Just as computer animation has evolved from "The Last Starfighter."

I seem to recall the actor playing the evil colonel from a Stephen Seagal film "Dark Territory." He does a good job. I was surprised to see Sigorney Weaver; I didn't know she was in it.

If time had permitted, I would have sat through it again; it was that good!

NYj

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late; And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,"
"Well, John Henry said to the Cap'n, "A man ain't nuthin' but a man. But, before I let that steam drill beat me, gonna die with my hammer in my hand, Lawd, Lawd, gonna die with my hammer in my hand."
cobalt   12-26-2009, 05:37 PM
The animation alone is worth the 3-D viewing of this film. I loved it! So many are saying the story line was too weak...meh...it was all about the CG to me.

EWMAN
Medusa   12-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Srem Wrote:I watched Avatar in 2D and didn't even realize it was 3D until after the movie was over.

No wonder why my eyes were bugging out during the night scene in the forest... :crazy:

Same here! We plan to go see it again. In 3D this time!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Brian   12-26-2009, 08:07 PM
3-D is the way to go if you can. Although, I came out of the theater with a headache. :confused:

There is no wise man without fault
Srem   12-28-2009, 03:18 AM
[Image: Avatar+Zoe+Saldana.jpg]

This or something similiar might make a cool avatar for the RJ forum.

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
bones weep tedium   12-28-2009, 08:53 AM
I was really disappointed. Sad

I thought the story was stoopid and the 3D was a bit of a gimmick.

The best thing about it was the scarred Colonel, but he wasnt allowed to actually do anything scarey becasue it was a kid's film.

I'd take Aliens over Avatar any day of the week.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 9