Pages (2):    1 2
murelz   08-23-2009, 07:02 AM
X-Men Origins: Wolverine: Should have just made this a direct to video release, they jacked up the character and most of the supporting ones so much that I had to choke back on the bile it was causing.

GI JOE: Rise of Cobra: I was expecting the worst from this one, but surprising, it wasn't all bad, if you just get into the mindset of a little kid seeing GI JOE for the first time, it almost works.

I Love You Man: Great guy flick, even something for the ladies that don't normally want to see something like that.

Transformers 2: Giant transforming robots, lots of CGI, not so much going on in the headspace department though. Rent it when it comes out if you liked the first, don't bother buying it though.

Fanboys: If you're a fanboy (especially in the Star Wars sense) buy it, you'll love it. The access they got from Lucas and some of the scenes are well worth it. Loved every minute of it.

The funny thing about the flamethrower is at some place and some point in time, someone looked at something and thought, "Hey, I'd really like to set that on fire, but it's too far away."
murelz   08-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Kenji Wrote:btw, what is "street copy" ?

Forgot to respond to you in my post, street copies of movies are the pirated versions that you friendly neighborhood shadies sell. They're a favorite fair of deployed troops in Iraq. When I came back from my second deployment in 06 I had about 200 movies that I bought like that. Most of the time they would make collections of movies from a certain actor, so you could get like 6 movies by some guy on one DVD for like 5 bucks. They also did TV series like this, and the newer still in theater releases, I had a copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire like 3 days after it was out in theaters. Yeah its illegal but there's no copywrite laws round them parts and the soldiers took full advantage of it.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire_%28film%29"]
[/URL]

The funny thing about the flamethrower is at some place and some point in time, someone looked at something and thought, "Hey, I'd really like to set that on fire, but it's too far away."
saynomore   08-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Kenji Wrote:You're rigth! Only Amelia Earhart was okay for me. Big Grin

And, I said "93 min with wasted scenes" in Taken, but I did typo. It's "without".

:o

btw, what is "street copy" ?

I read past the typo. It was logical what you meant, or so I assumed, since the movie was pure action. Not much thought needed for that movie. Street copy: Someone sits in the theater with a camera and tapes the movie, then makes copies, and sells them on the street. If you're lucky, the copy will be made from an advanced cd preview of the movie that go out to rental stores; these are better quality copies. They're good until the dvd comes out or if you want to see it on your dvd player before spending mucho dollars at the theater. Illegal but practical.Either way, the theater ends up with my money anyway.

AC
Kenji   08-23-2009, 08:41 AM
murelz Wrote:Forgot to respond to you in my post, street copies of movies are the pirated versions that you friendly neighborhood shadies sell. They're a favorite fair of deployed troops in Iraq. When I came back from my second deployment in 06 I had about 200 movies that I bought like that. Most of the time they would make collections of movies from a certain actor, so you could get like 6 movies by some guy on one DVD for like 5 bucks. They also did TV series like this, and the newer still in theater releases, I had a copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire like 3 days after it was out in theaters. Yeah its illegal but there's no copywrite laws round them parts and the soldiers took full advantage of it.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire_%28film%29"]
[/URL]

saynomore Wrote:I read past the typo. It was logical what you meant, or so I assumed, since the movie was pure action. Not much thought needed for that movie. Street copy: Someone sits in the theater with a camera and tapes the movie, then makes copies, and sells them on the street. If you're lucky, the copy will be made from an advanced cd preview of the movie that go out to rental stores; these are better quality copies. They're good until the dvd comes out or if you want to see it on your dvd player before spending mucho dollars at the theater. Illegal but practical.Either way, the theater ends up with my money anyway.

AC

Ah! Pirated version! Now it made a sense. Thanks guys.
Kenji   08-29-2009, 09:56 AM
13 Tzameti: It was not graphical violent, and there was no bloody scenes, but this disturbed me than Fight Club. B/W film was very effective like Hitchcock's Psycho.

Roadgames: One good movie from '80s. If Hitchcock directed Mad Max 2, I guess it would be like this. It's thriller, but some scenes were fun and humorous. Stacy Keach and very hot and young Jamie Lee Curtis! Need I say more?
saynomore   08-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Kenji Wrote:13 Tzameti: It was not graphical violent, and there was no bloody scenes, but this disturbed me than Fight Club. B/W film was very effective like Hitchcock's Psycho.

Roadgames: One good movie from '80s. If Hitchcock directed Mad Max 2, I guess it would be like this. It's thriller, but some scenes were fun and humorous. Stacy Keach and very hot and young Jamie Lee Curtis! Need I say more?

Dang, Kenj, I saw 13 Tzameti last night. There was a two for one sale, and I bought 13 T and Dead Birds. I liked Dead Birds, but 13 T haunted me. It merits a second look.

AC

P.S. I've been pushing Roadgames for years. Low distribution killed this movie in the theaters, but it works better on dvd anyway. Two great movies.
Kenji   08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
saynomore Wrote:Dang, Kenj, I saw 13 Tzameti last night. There was a two for one sale, and I bought 13 T and Dead Birds. I liked Dead Birds, but 13 T haunted me. It merits a second look.

AC

P.S. I've been pushing Roadgames for years. Low distribution killed this movie in the theaters, but it works better on dvd anyway. Two great movies.

Wow! Di....did you say you saw 13/Tzameti last night?!?! Me too! What a coincidence!
Kenji   09-04-2009, 07:54 PM
The Taking of Pelham 123: Last night I saw it in a theatre. I know this movie is remake from '70s. But I think it was good. Denzel Washington and John Travolta, their tactics were exciting and thrilling. Tony Scott did good work.
saynomore   09-05-2009, 05:24 AM
Kenji Wrote:The Taking of Pelham 123: Last night I saw it in a theatre. I know this movie is remake from '70s. But I think it was good. Denzel Washington and John Travolta, their tactics were exciting and thrilling. Tony Scott did good work.

Many of my friends and family enjoyed the dynamics between Denzel and John. I liked the new version, but love the original better.

AC

P.S. Now where's that Charley Varrick remake?
Kenji   09-05-2009, 05:45 AM
saynomore Wrote:Many of my friends and family enjoyed the dynamics between Denzel and John. I liked the new version, but love the original better.

AC

P.S. Now where's that Charley Varrick remake?

Charley Varrick remake?! That's another one good '70s film. I like that movie.

Now in this 21st century, the remake by Tarantino has possibility.(it's just my wish)
Pages (2):    1 2