Pages (2): 1 2   
saynomore   08-19-2009, 06:13 PM
The Collector--excellent plot. Cat burglar must get money by midnight to pay his wife's (girlfriend?) loan shark. When he burgles the cased house, he walks in on a variation of SAW. Good mix of genres worked for me. Stay till the very end of the credits for a preview of Collector Part II.

A Perfect Getaway--Trailers give away ending, but getting to that ending was loads of fun. Nice gore. Only pretty women in Hawaii, I guess. Oh, and only buff men. Less said about the plot, the better. Enjoy the rental.

Time Traveler's Wife--Love story. No SF. Time travel is treated like a disease. Bana could have had the Swine Flu and it would have been the same movie. Phoeey.

The Hurt Locker--Intense movie. Take a trankie before watching this flick. Spoiler!

Fastest exit of a major star I've ever seen Quicker than Steven Segal in that airplane movie. If I don't mention the Segal movie, does that nullify it as a spoiler?

AC
Auskar   08-20-2009, 03:52 PM
What's funny is about nine months ago I wrote a short story called, "Collector." When I saw there was a movie with the same name, that was weird and strange. Of course, there are vastly different plots.

TerrLight.com, is where I can spout off about anything. Visit. Link.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Auskar Wrote:What's funny is about nine months ago I wrote a short story called, "Collector." When I saw there was a movie with the same name, that was weird and strange. Of course, there are vastly different plots.

Can't lay claim to a title, Auskar. Might have posted before, the late John Keel explained to me, it's a gentlemans' agreement that a writer won't use a title until 3 years after it's been used before.

Hey, I've written 102 lyrics. I've got THE KEEP, THE TOMB, CONSPIRACIES, CRISSCROSS, NIGHTWORLD and BY THE SWORD among them.

I ain't complain', am I?:pWink
Mick C.   08-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Auskar Wrote:What's funny is about nine months ago I wrote a short story called, "Collector." When I saw there was a movie with the same name, that was weird and strange. Of course, there are vastly different plots.

Did you ever see the 1965 film "The Collector" ? Great creepy performance by Terence Stamp. (Based on the John Fowles novel)

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Auskar   08-21-2009, 03:53 AM
Mick C. Wrote:Did you ever see the 1965 film "The Collector" ? Great creepy performance by Terence Stamp. (Based on the John Fowles novel)
I know you can't copyright a title.

I forget who, but someone used the same title as one of FPW's books. And there are now two books called A Forever War, one fiction and one non-fiction.

My Collector started as a dream.

On the one hand, one should try. On the other hand, I'm calling the novel A Warrior Forever because of the main character's name, but who knows if it will ever be published and what it will be called? I don't know.

The beginning of a new web site should be up shortly. That will be fun.

Kenji   08-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Last week

Transporter 3:Action scenes were great, but I dislike Natalya Rudakova. She annoyed me.

Night at the MuseumBattle of the Smithsonian: Disappointed me. I liked 1st movie, but this 2nd was ridiculous. Especially last scene ruined everything.

Today

Taken:93 min without wasted scenes. "This" is the perfect action movie.

Frost / Nixon:Excellent political drama. Michael Sheen and Frank Langella, their interview scenes were thrilling.
"I'm saying that when the President does it, that means it's not illegal!"
"....I'm sorry?"
This post was last modified: 08-23-2009, 04:10 AM by Kenji.
Auskar   08-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Kenji Wrote:Transporter 3:Action scenes were great, but I dislike Natalya Rudakova. She annoyed me.
I did not like that movie for some reason. The first was great except the ending was too quaint. I would certainly see it again.

Kenji   08-23-2009, 02:48 AM
Auskar Wrote:I did not like that movie for some reason. The first was great except the ending was too quaint. I would certainly see it again.

You didn't like it, but you see it again? Hmm..... :confused:
saynomore   08-23-2009, 03:42 AM
Kenji Wrote:Last week

Transporter 3:Action scenes were great, but I dislike Natalya Rudakova. She annoyed me.

Night at the MuseumBattle of the Smithsonian: Disappointed me. I liked 1st movie, but this 2nd was ridiculous. Especially last scene ruined everything.

Today

Taken:93 min with wasted scenes. "This" is the perfect action movie.

Frost / Nixon:Excellent political drama. Michael Sheen and Frank Langella, their interview scenes were thrilling.
"I'm saying that when the President does it, that means it's not illegal!"
"....I'm sorry?"

Hey, Kenj, you vato loco, I agree with everything except Night at the M.... I liked the Amelia Earhart character. Poignant ending for her. Her story saved the movie for me. But I will not be adding it to my dvd collection. And I will re-gift it if any of you are thinking about giving me a street copy for my birthday. So there.

AC

P.S. Notice how I managed to weasel in my birthday, nudge, nudge. Wink
Kenji   08-23-2009, 04:15 AM
saynomore Wrote:Hey, Kenj, you vato loco, I agree with everything except Night at the M.... I liked the Amelia Earhart character. Poignant ending for her. Her story saved the movie for me. But I will not be adding it to my dvd collection. And I will re-gift it if any of you are thinking about giving me a street copy for my birthday. So there.

AC

P.S. Notice how I managed to weasel in my birthday, nudge, nudge. Wink

You're rigth! Only Amelia Earhart was okay for me. Big Grin

And, I said "93 min with wasted scenes" in Taken, but I did typo. It's "without".

:o

btw, what is "street copy" ?
Pages (2): 1 2