ImDeranged   08-07-2009, 03:45 AM
This post was last modified: 06-09-2011, 04:01 PM by ImDeranged.

"Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future, no future,
No future for you"

God Save- The Sex Pistols
Wapitikev   08-07-2009, 03:57 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:I can only imagine St. Peter looking through his list..."Hughes.....Hughes....Hughes...."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090806/ap_e...bit_hughes
Damn.

Ferris Bueller, Uncle Buck and Planes Trains and Automobiles are three of my all-time favourites.

Anyone know why he spent the last decade writing as Edmond Dantes (character from Count of Monte Cristo) instead of his real name?

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Kenji   08-07-2009, 10:39 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:I can only imagine St. Peter looking through his list..."Hughes.....Hughes....Hughes...."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090806/ap_e...bit_hughes

Awwwww........ Confusedad:

I loved his movies, especially "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", "Planes Trains and Automobiles", and "Curly Sue".
Scott Miller   08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
That certainly came as a surprise, I'll add Weird Science, The Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles as movies that made quite an impression on me and he was also the writer for Vacation.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Irishkkc 2.0   08-24-2009, 08:46 PM
An amazing man and the writer of the 2 greatest comedic films for my generation and my family. My father passed 2 months ago and me and him would watch one movie at least 10 freaking times a year. Hughes only wrote Vacation but jesus it's my favorite comedy. Well, second favorite right behind the christmas film I watch every thanksgiving and christmas with my family. Also written by Hughes, Christmas Vacation.

Merry Christmas! Shitter's full!

On top of all that has been named, how about these as well.

The Great Outdoors
Mr. Mom
Uncle buck
Career Opportunities (Launched Dermot Mulrooney and Jennifer Connelly's career's. She was hot in that movie.)
Dutch
Beethoven
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Dennis The Menace
BABY'S DAY OUT! (Sorry love this movie and I don't know why)

He only wrote those and only directed 8 films.
He will be missed.