Pages (2): 1 2   
Alvin Fox   08-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Here's a few interesting tidbits I've learned over the past couple of months...

Instead of 17 hours, the final season will have 18.

Here's a link to an interview with Carton Cuse and Damon Lindelof where they explain about why Libby was institutionalized (because Watros doesn't want to come back since her character was killed off and there's no way to explain it without Libby/Watros.) [SPOILER]Libby went crazy after her husband died, gave her stuff away (including the boat to Desmond) and was committed.[/SPOILER]

Here's the Comic-Con panel with extra videos towards the bottom of the page. You learn some things to look forward to. Nothing really spoilerish. [SPOILER]Dominic Monaghan will be back for 3 episodes and wrote "Am I alive?" on his hand.[/SPOILER]

And here's a clip from season one that bears a striking resemblance to a scene from the end of season five.

Only five more months.
Brian   08-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I seem to remember Desmond getting the boat from Penny's father. Am I wrong?

There is no wise man without fault
Medusa   08-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I vaguely remember an episode where Desmond and Libby were at a table at a restaurant and she gave him the boat. (maybe?). I can't remember the details though.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Alvin Fox   08-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Medusa Wrote:I vaguely remember an episode where Desmond and Libby were at a table at a restaurant and she gave him the boat. (maybe?). I can't remember the details though.

Yeah, it was a Desmond-centric episode that it happened in. Round about October I'm going to start watching everything again. I figure that'll give me enough time for at least an episode a day. Although if it's anything like last time I rewatched everything I'll be watching a full disc for every sitting.
Alvin Fox   10-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Looking at the computer in the hatch this time arround I had to laugh because I finally saw the emoticon.

>:|
| is the flashing cursor.
Maggers   10-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Brian Wrote:I seem to remember Desmond getting the boat from Penny's father. Am I wrong?

Medusa Wrote:I vaguely remember an episode where Desmond and Libby were at a table at a restaurant and she gave him the boat. (maybe?). I can't remember the details though.

Medusa is right, as is Alvin. It's from the episode that showed Desmond in a US coffee shop, new to American without American cash, and Libby comes to his rescue and pays for his cup of coffee. They sit down to chat and he tells her about the race he wants to enter and how he doesn't have a boat. Libby, almost tearfully, tells Desmond that her late husband left him her boat and why doesn't he take it. So Desmond gets his boat from Libby, the boat that brings him to the Island.

The news that Libby was hospitalized for deep grief and depression is not news to me. That's what I gathered after seeing Libby's brief flash back in the scene above. It was never articulated directly, but I assumed Libby's deep grief is what broke her down. So I guess it was more an educated guess on my part. However, my guesses around this show, while not huge in number, seem to be pretty right on for the most part.

I've also started watching the show, for the umpteenth time, again, from the beginning. You always catch new stuff.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   10-18-2009, 03:10 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Looking at the computer in the hatch this time arround I had to laugh because I finally saw the emoticon.

| is the flashing cursor.

Not sure what you mean by this, Alvin. Can you explain it for me?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Alvin Fox   10-25-2009, 08:54 AM

To me it looks like an angry tight-lipped face.

I started this month with the intention of watch an episode a day. So I should've just finished season one. I'm finishing season two. Just can't stop watching a disc once I start it.

And poor Jin. He's been found passed out and floating on the ocean twice.
Sigokat   11-05-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm having a hard time remembering how Locke got off the Island to try and bring the Oceanic Six back. Was it explained? If so, can someone remind me. All my Season 5 eps got lost when my laptop took a crap.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Alvin Fox   11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Locke turned the wheel and appeared in Tunisia.

Got seasons 1-3 rewatched. This is going much faster than I thought. I can't limit myself to one episode at a time. It's usually one disc at a time.
Pages (2): 1 2