Pages (3):    1 2 3
Mick C.   08-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Noelie Wrote:What I don't understand (and I haven't seen the movie yet, but...) is why Jonathan Pryce didn't just do an American accent. He's a very talented actor, surely he must be capable of doing one. I dunno. :p

He did a good American accent in "Glengarry Glen Ross".

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Scott Hajek   08-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Finally saw it with my kids. They loved it. I enjoyed it because it is a brainless action movie that doesn't have major plot holes and really bad acting like Transformers 2. That movie sucked when there were any live people on screen.

My only complaint about GI Joe is the lips on Snake Eyes' mask. WTF?

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
beowulf   08-24-2009, 01:54 AM
For the record, I hated it. I was a HUGE Joe fan as a kid. Had all the toys, lived off of the cartoon and in one fowl swoop they obliterated it. The Cobra commander back story was ridiculous and his final appearance was terrible. The plot was just plane lame and the characters were nothing like the cartoon and/or comic book. I am not one to typically tear apart block busters - i enjoy them for exactly what they are, but this was just to horrible to remain silent. GI Joe had so much good cannon already in place and they instead chose to make this drivel. I recently read the original Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen treatment and I now know how the movie making process can destroy a good story. The original ROTF story was great, the movie, a disaster. I have to assume something similar happened with GI Joe.

That all said....the Accellerant suits were cool!

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Wapitikev   08-24-2009, 02:42 AM
beowulf Wrote:For the record, I hated it. I was a HUGE Joe fan as a kid. Had all the toys, lived off of the cartoon and in one fowl swoop they obliterated it. The Cobra commander back story was ridiculous and his final appearance was terrible. The plot was just plane lame and the characters were nothing like the cartoon and/or comic book. I am not one to typically tear apart block busters - i enjoy them for exactly what they are, but this was just to horrible to remain silent. GI Joe had so much good cannon already in place and they instead chose to make this drivel. I recently read the original Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen treatment and I now know how the movie making process can destroy a good story. The original ROTF story was great, the movie, a disaster. I have to assume something similar happened with GI Joe.

That all said....the Accellerant suits were cool!
Let's hope the same DOES NOT happen to the Jack movie! FPW has stated that he's very satisfied with the script so let's hope that the director and the studio don't frick it up beyond all recognition...whenever it gets made, that is.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
beowulf   08-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Let's hope the same DOES NOT happen to the Jack movie! FPW has stated that he's very satisfied with the script so let's hope that the director and the studio don't frick it up beyond all recognition...whenever it gets made, that is.

-Wapitikev

Agreed, I was watching an interview with Maurice Sendak, the author of Where The Wild Things Are, in which he was discussing his movie making experience. It was one of the first times I heard an author have nothing but praise for a film based on his work. I think the secret was that he was closely involved. That will be the key for the Jack movie, FPW needs to have his hands in everything. No one knows it better than him, and no one is more qualified to bring it to life.

Wapitikev   08-24-2009, 11:53 AM
beowulf Wrote:Agreed, I was watching an interview with Maurice Sendak, the author of Where The Wild Things Are, in which he was discussing his movie making experience. It was one of the first times I heard an author have nothing but praise for a film based on his work. I think the secret was that he was closely involved. That will be the key for the Jack movie, FPW needs to have his hands in everything. No one knows it better than him, and no one is more qualified to bring it to life.
Did you listen to the podcast of FPW...I found the bits about Dario Argento filming Pelts entertaining.

What was this thread about again?

Heh.

Sorry, Kenji.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Alvin Fox   08-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:What was this thread about again?

This:
[Image: the-other-half.jpg]
beowulf   08-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Let's hope the same DOES NOT happen to the Jack movie! FPW has stated that he's very satisfied with the script so let's hope that the director and the studio don't frick it up beyond all recognition...whenever it gets made, that is.

-Wapitikev

Yes, this tangent was Wapitikev's fault...I take no blame...

Wink

Pages (3):    1 2 3