Scott Miller   07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
I've always had a thing for surfing(even though I can't surf) so maybe I liked it more than I should have due to the milieu, but I really enjoyed Surfer, Dude starring Matthew McConaughey. He plays a 'soul-surfer' who's asks to compromise his ideals to star in a reality show about a house filled with fellow surfers. Plus he's got to deal with a waveless draught of a couple months. The locales are beautiful and so are most of the people in the movie. It's a little meatier than I thought it would be; all in all a decent dramedy.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I've always had a thing for surfing(even though I can't surf) so maybe I liked it more than I should have due to the milieu, but I really enjoyed Surfer, Dude starring Matthew McConaughey. He plays a 'soul-surfer' who's asks to compromise his ideals to star in a reality show about a house filled with fellow surfers. Plus he's got to deal with a waveless draught of a couple months. The locales are beautiful and so are most of the people in the movie. It's a little meatier than I thought it would be; all in all a decent dramedy.

Is this on cable? (Yeah, Blues, of course it is.)
Scott Miller   07-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Is this on cable? (Yeah, Blues, of course it is.)

It may be, but I rented it.

Scott

Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:It may be, but I rented it.

The best surfing movie I've seen (well, the only one) was ENDLESS SUMMER, back in '64, guess it was. The power of the waves!
Scott Miller   07-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:The best surfing movie I've seen (well, the only one) was ENDLESS SUMMER, back in '64, guess it was. The power of the waves!

I love that movie and its sequel Endless Summer II. A few years ago they came out with two excellent surfing documentaries called Riding The Giants and Step Into Liquid that are both worth a view. And Surf's Up is an entertaining CGI film about surfing penguins-the water is absolutely fantastic looking.

Scott