Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Maggers   09-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Srem Wrote:Nothing to be embarrased about, Maggers. I think the Secret Histories book is a treasure-trove of references to things that have happened, and will happen, later on in Jack's life.

As for my opinion on which cover is the best, why not go with something inbetween:
a decomposed hand where obvious flaps of skin are starting to peel away from it, for instance.

Congratulations on being in love, btw!

Thanks, Srem.

I am enjoying all the links and references and winks and nods to all that we know in the RJ saga and the Adversary Cycle. The cross references are just one of the many things that make FPW's work such a standout.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

t4terrific   09-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Maggers Wrote:I bought SECRET HISTORIES in hard cover many moons ago. The Man even signed it for me.

Then my world got stood on its head and spun around and I've been corny as Kansas in August, high as the flag on the 4th of July. If you'll excuse an expression I use, I'm in love with a wonderful guy! (Can you picture me spinning 'round my little apartment and singing at the top of my lungs, well, that's how it's been.)

All of this is to say that I'm a tad embarrassed to fess up that I began reading SECRET HISTORIES this morning. I'm halfway through and cannot put it down, as has been my experience with every book written by F. Paul Wilson. :adore:

Gee, but it's great to be back home. Home is where I wanna beeeeeee. (Yes, :yesnod: singing again.)

I haven't read it yet either. I have it (Gauntlet and Tor), but haven't gotten to it yet. I will soon though. Right now I'm reading Forever Odd. Next I think I'll read Secret Histories.
KRW   09-22-2009, 10:00 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I haven't read it yet either. I have it (Gauntlet and Tor), but haven't gotten to it yet. I will soon though. Right now I'm reading Forever Odd. Next I think I'll read Secret Histories.

The "Odd" series has been Dean Koontz saving grace with me, but I haven't read them all. Odd Thomas and Forever Odd are the only two and I really like them. His Frankenstein series has piqued my interest too, but it's been so long between books I don't even know if he's finished the last one yet. Anyhow, Secret Histories was very nostalgic for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.Smile
t4terrific   09-23-2009, 07:39 PM
KRW Wrote:The "Odd" series has been Dean Koontz saving grace with me, but I haven't read them all. Odd Thomas and Forever Odd are the only two and I really like them. His Frankenstein series has piqued my interest too, but it's been so long between books I don't even know if he's finished the last one yet. Anyhow, Secret Histories was very nostalgic for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.Smile

I've liked everything I've read from Koontz. Odd Thomas never sounded that interesting to me, but I finally got around to it. Once I got into the flow of the narative and began understanding the character, I really liked it. I'm liking Forever Odd even more, so far.

I haven't been disappointed by an FPW yet. I'm sure it is good, and I like what I've heard. I just don't read as much as I used to.

I had far more free time when I was single, self employed, lived in an apartment, and far from the family. I wouldn't change a thing though. Except maybe the employment part.Big Grin
This post was last modified: 09-23-2009, 07:41 PM by t4terrific.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5