Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
cobalt   06-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Access denied here.

I've heard it was a Demerol OD that did him in.

Small wonder. That stuff is only really good for use over a short period of time. And if he was given an IV dose....hello double effect.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
fpw Wrote:Some choice words from Lucius Shepherd on the subject.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?si...DUy&ref=nf

Shepherd's words are mighty and to the point. But let's not forget how Jackson was warped beyond repair as a child, by his stage-parents. And he was unable to work the need that all creatives have--Please love me!--into a mature, adult relationship with a woman or with his life.
This post was last modified: 06-29-2009, 01:48 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
scrappyblue   06-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Wow, now that's to the point, eh? (my Canadian-ness coming out here)
Whenever anyone says anything about how you should always speak good of the dead, the first thing that comes to mind is "good, he's dead" ... sorry, can't help it, my twisted mind at work.
I don't like it either that they're blaming his bad childhood .... I sincerely doubt that very many of us lived in storybookland growing up and we didn't turn into freaks, or if we did we've learned to work around/with it.
If anyone had asked me at any point what MJ would be like as an old man, I'd have told them (and did say so a few times) that it would never happen. He was so freaked out at what he'd look like when he got older that he altered his appearance to a crazy degree, there was no way this guy was going to grow old, gracefully or otherwise.
I'll miss the MJ of the 80's, that's just a fact ... but the MJ of recent years, all I can do is watch the footage on tv and shake my head.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. ~Luciano de Crescenzo

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" ~ Albert Einstein
Alvin Fox   06-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Reading Lucius Shepherd's blog made me feel terrible for saying I like Michael's early work. I did the math. MJ is as bad as Hitler and I like MJ's early work. So by the transitive property I like Hitler's early work?

Reminds me of that Kids in the Hall skit. A mayor is at a jam tasting contest and chooses a jam for first place. The audience gasps and someone shouts "That's a child molester's jam!"
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Reading Lucius Shepherd's blog made me feel terrible for saying I like Michael's early work. I did the math. MJ is as bad as Hitler and I like MJ's early work. So by the transitive property I like Hitler's early work?

Reminds me of that Kids in the Hall skit. A mayor is at a jam tasting contest and chooses a jam for first place. The audience gasps and someone shouts "That's a child molester's jam!"

That's called the "Wagner Divide," Alfox. As a man, Richard Wagner was a scoundrel. But he wrote some great stuff.
Dervish   06-29-2009, 10:23 PM

If he feels it's not being discussed, he should tune into FOX news who are outsliming themselves. From what someone who watched it in morbid fascination told me, they did everything possible to equate MJ with "pedophile." They couldn't say his name once without "pedophile at least twice (often emphasized), and sometimes more.

I was open to the possibility that he was a molester, but after the prosecution essentially tried prosecuting him for being weird instead of presenting evidence of him as a child molester, I tuned it all out in disgust. Until proven, I'm not going to assume he's a pervert into chimps or boys (still laughed at the Scary Movie 3 bit with "him" in it though...), as I know people love to talk & believe crap. He MIGHT have been, but I'm not going to just assume he was.

I am aware that he paid an out of court settlement...however, what parent would take the money and say, "ok, peace," instead of pressing charges or trying to at least bring him down, if it wasn't just a scam for money in the first place? Ultimately, I don't know what the truth is, but the entire sordid affair inspires cynicism in me.

Btw, I generallly can't stand the USA media as it's a bunch of supermarket tabloid crap anyway, so I haven't been keeping up with this coverage.
Brian   06-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Just try to stay away from the coverage of Jackson's death. You can't, that's the problem. Newspapers, news programs, Newsweek, Time and the radio. Enough already. He was a freak, and maybe that's just the tip of the iceberg, but a freak none the less.

There are more important things going on in the world folks, move along, nothing to see there.

There is no wise man without fault
bones weep tedium   06-30-2009, 04:54 AM
When Farah Fawcett arrived at Heaven she was given one wish. She wished that all the children in the world be safe. 10 minutes later Michael Jackson had a heart attack!

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Alvin Fox   06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:That's called the "Wagner Divide," Alfox. As a man, Richard Wagner was a scoundrel. But he wrote some great stuff.

For a while I was thought you typed Robert Wagner and was thinking that the "Wagner Divide" had something to do with Natalie Wood.

Long story short: I'm an idiot.
Ken Valentine   06-30-2009, 09:22 PM
icarusflu Wrote:I feel for his kids (or whomever they belong to) but the real question I have is whats going to happen to the Beatles catalog?
I was in Fort Collins on Sunday, visiting Neil Smith and his family. They were thrilled about the Beatles catalogue.

Neil's daughter Rylla is a great Beatles fan. (Well, they all are, actually.)

Ken V.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4