Pages (2): 1 2   
Scott Miller   06-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Raimi's return to horror is well worth seeing, but alas, it's no Evil Dead II. He uses many of the same techniques from that movie, but Alison Lohman is no Bruce Campbell. This film is more serious and only ventures into humor a few times. It features one crazy gypsy lady who steals the show.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Tony H   06-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Raimi's return to horror is well worth seeing, but alas, it's no Evil Dead II. He uses many of the same techniques from that movie, but Alison Lohman is no Bruce Campbell. This film is more serious and only ventures into humor a few times. It features one crazy gypsy lady who steals the show.

One of my favorite movies of 2009 so far. Definitely a throwback to classic Raimi.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Scott Miller   06-24-2009, 04:23 PM
AsMoral Wrote:One of my favorite movies of 2009 so far. Definitely a throwback to classic Raimi.

I liked it a lot, not sure if my previous post made that clear. It was also my son's first big screen horror flick and he spent much of the movie with his hands on the side of his face-ready to cover his eyes as quickly as possible.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Brian   06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
I'll see it this w/e. It looked good in the promo's I've seen.

There is no wise man without fault
Dervish   06-25-2009, 02:45 AM
It was like a roller coast ride for me. Lots of turns that sit on the fence between scary and funny. I enjoyed it a lot, but I doubt I'll ever see it again.

The fight in the car with the crazy gypsy was so over the top that I came real close to LITERALLY falling out of my chair while trying to smother my laughter...Big Grin:o
Tony H   06-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Dervish Wrote:It was like a roller coast ride for me. Lots of turns that sit on the fence between scary and funny. I enjoyed it a lot, but I doubt I'll ever see it again.

The fight in the car with the crazy gypsy was so over the top that I came real close to LITERALLY falling out of my chair while trying to smother my laughter...Big Grin:o

The crowd that shared the auditorium with me at the showing HOWLED with laughter, there was no supression happening at all. Everyone seemed to be a Sam Raimi fan and reveled in the over the top ridiculousness of the film.

When the seance scene came about everyone was in a state of cheesy euphoria.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Jesus of Nazareth   06-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Did you say Jeezy Euphoria?

Homo.

Another fine question either answered or sidestepped by:

Jeezy of Nazareezy
Tony H   06-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Jesus of Nazareth Wrote:Did you say Jeezy Euphoria?

Homo.

Really?

Certified 100% Serious
cobalt   06-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Jesus of Nazareth Wrote:Did you say Jeezy Euphoria?

Homo.

Be nice to my Tony...or else!

.gif
boxing.gif (Size: 2.95 KB Downloads: 85)

EWMAN
cobalt   06-25-2009, 12:41 PM
See that Tony...the hellbound has chased off the J man...again.

EWMAN
Pages (2): 1 2