Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
johntfs   06-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Apparently they were wrong about the suicide thing and now believe that Carradine died to accidental auto-erotic asphyxiation. Hopefully he came before he went...

Nasty humor aside he was a really cool actor with some serious presence. He could appear in the most god-awful piece of shit movie to TV series ("Charmed," I'm looking at you) and he made it watchable. At least while he was onscreen.
Fenian1916   06-05-2009, 08:59 AM
fpw Wrote:Didn't the guy from INXS do the same?

Yes he did

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
cobalt   06-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Some strange way to make a "mistake" and die. Confusedkep: Just sayin'

EWMAN
Lysistrata   06-05-2009, 11:04 AM
johntfs Wrote:Apparently they were wrong about the suicide thing and now believe that Carradine died to accidental auto-erotic asphyxiation.

If so, it is rather commendable that in Thailand, he remained faithful to his wife and did not chose to "have fun" with underage prostitutes. RIP David.

Trying to be nice
Legion   06-05-2009, 12:45 PM

Holy crap! I think you're right. :eek: Would have thought I'd remember that one.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
johntfs   06-05-2009, 01:10 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Some strange way to make a "mistake" and die. Confusedkep: Just sayin'

Not really. According to snopes.com, around 200 people die this way every year in Britain alone. Article here: http://www.snopes.com/risque/kinky/cowheart.asp

What generally happens in the case of death is that the strangulation causes people to pass out and they continue being strangled by whatever they're using until they die. Unfortuately, people using strangulation devices falsely believe that if they faint, the device will loosen. When that doesn't happen, they die.

Since he's a doctor in addtion to being a pretty awesome writer, I imagine that FPW can confirm the details of the situation.

Yep. And the Snopes article mentioned a British Member of Parliment, Stephen Milligan, who perished the same way, though he was also wearing women's stockings and had an orange in his mouth.
This post was last modified: 06-05-2009, 01:14 PM by johntfs.
cobalt   06-05-2009, 01:32 PM
I should really know better than to try and take a sip of coffee as I read that last bit. But it's not my computer or key board. Where's the windex?

EWMAN
Brian   06-05-2009, 06:45 PM
I thought this might be the case. But I didn't want to suggest something that would cloud the man's memory, ah well. The news has taken care of that. I've heard more jokes about auto-erotics today to last for a long time.

There is no wise man without fault
Ken Valentine   06-05-2009, 10:45 PM
ImDeranged Wrote:Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than autoerotic asphyxiation.
Not just undignified.

As I'm sure the whole world is learning of this, he'd be monumentally embarrassed (if the dead could be embarrassed) to realize what the world is thinking of him right now.

"He killed himself while masturbating" -- what a legacy.

Ken V.
t4terrific   06-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Not just undignified.

As I'm sure the whole world is learning of this, he'd be monumentally embarrassed (if the dead could be embarrassed) to realize what the world is thinking of him right now.

"He killed himself while masturbating" -- what a legacy.

Ken V.

I would think a 72 year old man would be proud that he still had a "masterable domain".Big Grin
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4