Pages (2):    1 2
Ken Valentine   06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Al Meyer Wrote:Another Al. Smile

I´m going to visit NYC with my wife and kids next October. Is there a guide for these places? Lile Julio´s and GIA, etc?
Not for Julio's, but the Sutton Square address is real.

You might want to send a Private Message to Maggers. She has taken pictures of the Sutton Square place and posted them on this site.

Ken V.
DominusDeus   06-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Is the Ear real? I want an Earburger...
AL RAMOS   06-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Al Meyer Wrote:Another Al. Smile

I´m going to visit NYC with my wife and kids next October. Is there a guide for these places? Lile Julio´s and GIA, etc?

Julio's is somewhere on Amsterdam in the 80s. I believe Isher Sports is as well, though I may have to go and re-check.

"I am a sinner who does not expect forgiveness. But I am not a government official."
--corrupt, serial-murdering sexual deviant Francis Wolcott, Deadwood
AL RAMOS   06-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Not especially, but I have a couple of friends who are. One is the Future Fiction novelist L. Neil Smith, and the other is an artist/cartoonist . . . Scott Bieser.

I read RA Wilson and Robert Shea's Illuminatus! trilogy, and every dozen or so pages I'd say to myself, "Why am I still reading this fakakta piece of *%&^!?" I finished all 700-odd pages. Years later, I still can't decide whether it was one of the masterpieces of its age or the biggest waste of two weeks of my life.

Believe it or not, that's a complimentWink

Will have to look into some El Neil, although books are fiendishly expensive here Down Under. (And sometimes hard to find: I have sourced most of my RJ books from good old Barnes and Noble.)

"I am a sinner who does not expect forgiveness. But I am not a government official."
--corrupt, serial-murdering sexual deviant Francis Wolcott, Deadwood
Wapitikev   06-17-2009, 01:04 AM
AL RAMOS Wrote:...I have sourced most of my RJ books from good old Barnes and Noble.)
Bluesman Mike will be your devoted sycophant for life.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 06-17-2009, 01:09 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Ken Valentine   06-17-2009, 02:00 PM
AL RAMOS Wrote:Will have to look into some El Neil, although books are fiendishly expensive here Down Under. (And sometimes hard to find: I have sourced most of my RJ books from good old Barnes and Noble.)
I find that abebooks dot com is a good source for books.

I looked it up, and there's a used copy of THE PROBABILITY BROACH listed at Book Maniacs in Gateshead, NSW, Australia.

Here's the link:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchRe...&x=100&y=8

(It's number 19 on the list.)

Ken V.
Pages (2):    1 2