Pages (2): 1 2   
GeraldRice   05-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Don't worry, I'll keep them all at the bottom. Great movie. I was surprised McG could do it considering the only thing I know of him is "Charlie's Angels". It's absolutely nothing like the first two films and not like the third one, either. I don't just mean a different story line, it just felt like something entirely different. From the film stock (heard an interview with McG and he said they used like three times more silver in this than in normal movie film). But the way the movie moved, it was a visual feast.

I don't think I need to retell the story, at least I hope we're all relatively familiar. It's 2018 and John Connor is a soldier in the resistance. After barely surviving an attack on his squadron he quickly ascends the ranks. But the future isn't what his mother told him. Things are different. Like Marcus Wright, a man who was executed in 2003, but is somehow alive in 2018. Kyle Reese is [SPOILER]captured by Skynet [/SPOILER]and Connor [SPOILER]must break into the pens to save him[/SPOILER]. But can he trust this information from Wright?

To address the rumors leaked on the internet. No, John [SPOILER]doesn't die in the end and have his skin ripped off and put on Wright's exoskeleton[/SPOILER]. But yes, [SPOILER]Arnold Schwarzenegger's face is placed on Roland Kickinger's head to bring back the T-800[/SPOILER]. And he looks dang young too.

My two plotholes: near the end when Marcus [SPOILER]removes the chip from his brain. [/SPOILER]I don't think [SPOILER]it would be placed somewhere where it could just be ripped out by hand[/SPOILER]. And considering Wright has [SPOILER]a human heart how do the surgeon's know Connor's body won't reject it[/SPOILER]?

But it's an excellent 4th entry into the franchise and a great kickoff to a new Terminator trilogy. I hope they don't wait too long to produce the next one.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
saynomore   05-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Tonight at Midnight, I'll be watching the first showing for the public of this movie. Love to watch the midnight showings 'cause all the geeks show up dressed as their favorite characters. I'll be wearing my Arnold boxers to tonight's showing. Hang loose; I'll be back.

AC

P.S. I don't even know what that means. Smile
GeraldRice   05-22-2009, 11:22 AM
It opened today in California? I thought it was in nationwide release on Thursday. I saw it at 10am yesterday.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Alvin Fox   05-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Naw, I saw it at 11:59 Wednesday night and I'm in Cali.

I liked it. Although the second plothole you mentioned was what bothered me. "We're in an open tent in the middle of the desert- time for surgery!"
GeraldRice   05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Naw, I saw it at 11:59 Wednesday night and I'm in Cali.

I liked it. Although the second plothole you mentioned was what bothered me. "We're in an open tent in the middle of the desert- time for surgery!"

Yeah, but maybe infectious disease was eradicated in the nuclear holocaust.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
johntfs   05-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Figure anyone whose immune system wasn't made of twisted blue steel and dynamite is already dead of infection. I'm looking forward to a special edition of the original Terminator where we learn that the radioactive deathbugs living in Kyle Reese created a minor pandemic after he travelled in time.
Sigokat   05-23-2009, 03:19 AM
There's a Terminator 4 movie????

Jesus Christ...I really need to get back to the real world Smile

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
GeraldRice   05-23-2009, 09:09 AM
johntfs Wrote:Figure anyone whose immune system wasn't made of twisted blue steel and dynamite is already dead of infection. I'm looking forward to a special edition of the original Terminator where we learn that the radioactive deathbugs living in Kyle Reese created a minor pandemic after he travelled in time.

Ah, that would be a nice retcon, but awfully problematic for the series.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   05-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Kind of been thinking about this movie some more and I'm liking it less and less. I still like it, but there are two things that have been bugging me (that I didn't list in my first post). THE BIG EXPLANATION SCENE. If you saw it, you know what I mean. Movies that do this are cheating. They couldn't reveal it to you within the context of the story without blowing some plot point so they have to 'sum up' near the end so we say, "Ohh, that makes sense." That and Skynet pretty much leaving nuclear bombs around unguarded.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Dervish   05-25-2009, 12:23 AM
THERE BE SPOILERS BELOW:

I didn't actually mind the lax security at Skynet because they were prepared for a global offensive (and so would be scattered thin) and believed they had adequate surveillance in place of all major forces. Granted, I thought it was faulty that the machines couldn't seem to figure out or detect explosives (let alone disarm them)...

Also, why naked & unarmed? They weren't traveling their time. And why keep Reese alive at all (even if they didn't know he was JC's father)?

That was the only parts that jumped out at me. Ok, even with their forces scattered thin, I'd think that some "Resident Evil" type traps could be in place as well, or even entire areas with toxic gases (to humans, not machines) being a common security feature "just in case." But maybe Skynet, made in its creator's image, was just as full of hubris as the ones that created it? :p

What I think would be interesting is having more than one infiltration unit and showing how different humans adapt to their conditioning. Ironically, a good soldier that follows orders without question would've been far more ideal and far more likely to go with Skynet's plan than a death row cop killer. Stupid Skynet, just doesn't understand humans. Big Grin
Pages (2): 1 2