Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Kenji   05-29-2009, 11:25 AM
At last, I could check this thread. Because today is STAR TREK's opening day in Japan, so I saw it. It was great! Brilliant! Fascinating!

Japanese title is "Star Trek episode 1 Adventure of Young Kirk"...([spoiler]No, just kidding![/spoiler] :handSmile

Oh, yes. I admit. I'm Trekker. :cornut:

A lot of speedy action scenes, comical humor, high quality FX, and friendship drama. Every elements were in this movie. Although some mistakes were in there (For example, a shipyard on the earth). Well, it's not big deal. The most important thing is this movie was good and I want to see it again. I wish sequel. All characters were perfect choice. Especially, Spock as Zachary Quinto. He's really looked like Spock. And I liked young Uhura. She's gorgeous!

I didn't realize [spoiler]Winona Ryder played Spock's mother, Amanda.[/spoiler] *Shame on me!* :o
Kenji   05-29-2009, 11:33 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:The movie itself was loaded with lots of special effects and centered on Kirk and Spock. You even got to see Kirk win at the Kobayashi Maroo(?sp?) test. But the best thing for me.....Kirk says "be safe". Made the whole movie even better.

Kobayashi-Maru test! He confessed he cheated in "Star Trek II".

Even now, Wrath of Kahn was the best ST movie for me.
Kenji   05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:SCOTT: Wouldya care to rephrase that, laddie?
KLINGON: (Adopting broad accent): You're right...I didn't mean to say the ENTERPRISE should be hauling garbage...I meant to say it should be hauled away =as= garbage
(AND FOLLOWS A VERY STAGED FIGHT SCENE)

The Trouble with Tribbles. I like that episode. Big Grin

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Mercy, Dervish! Are yez tellin' me then, THE CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER was "junk food"? Or THE ULTIMATE COMPUTER? Or AMOK TIME? Or THE ENTERPRISE INCIDENT? Or SHORE LEAVE?

Oi've nivver hoid th' loike!:dontknow::hand:

I think THE CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER was the best episode in TOS. That last scene was....Confusedad:
This post was last modified: 05-29-2009, 11:41 AM by Kenji.
Terry Willacker   05-29-2009, 12:55 PM
I've been away for awhile. I just want to say that I am a Trekie, and I loved this movie. The characters and the hiumor are essential in Star Trek. (That is part of why TOS and DS9 were so superior to TNG, IMO.) The casting and writing in this movie to match the original characters was brilliant. The plot was a little weak. I still found this the most enjoyable movie I have seen in a theater for a long time.

I can't wait for the sequels.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5