Dervish   04-20-2009, 11:57 PM
I saw this yesterday with some others. I'm a bit slowed down and have a lot on my mind and maybe that's why I missed something crucial: WHY were those body parts being harvested? What experiments were those Russians doing? What was wrong with that one guy in particular (the guy with rake marks that was being "frankensteined")?

I asked a friend I saw it with yesterday, but she said she didn't know either.

I finally got around to looking it up today on wikipedia but found they didn't say. But they did mention that the guard dogs had 2 heads.

How in the heck did I miss that? Is that true, or did I catch a little wikipedia vandalism? But it would kinda make sense with some of the other stuff going on in the movie. If true, then I was more slowed down & distracted than I thought...though I can recall a lot of other details from the movie anyway.
Turanthor   04-21-2009, 09:22 PM
That was one awful movie. I did not think I would watch a movie I thought was worse than Zohan last year, but I Netflixed Xfiles 2 and foud I was sorely mistaken.

It was way worse than Zohan.

They were harvesting body parts because that one guy had cancer. the main bad guy, who was killing people, was his gay lover and was harvesting body parts to save him from his cancer. I think women's body parts were easier to harvest. but they were gonna put the cancer guy's head on the mixed female body.

there was a two-headed dog, it was the one that attacked Scully when she got there.

awful movie, truly one of the worst pieces of garbage I have ever had the misfortune to see. Chris Carter should be ashamed, first he milked that show for 9 years, now he leaves every X-Files fan with this awful taste in their mouth having wasted their time on this atrocious movie.

really too bad, the first movie was really good.
Dervish   05-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Thanks.

I remember enjoying the scenery more than the story, being annoyed at times at the closeups that made it impossible to see the background. That's always a bad sign. :o
Karithna   05-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm tired of believing. You can't make me believe!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Tall Tyrion   05-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Whoa, woah! use spoiler tags, people! :hand:

I have not seen this one yet, but from the reviews here and elsewhere, I can wait. I do love the franchise, though.

James Newman's novel The Wicked, first mass market printing available now!
http://shocktotem.com/
Sigokat   05-15-2009, 06:39 AM
I don't remember the two-headed dog at all.

I watched this movie the night before I had to fly back here from R&R leave and all I really remember was being kind of confused.

But the removing the head thing is very similar to a sub-plot in the novel The Tomorrow File, however in the book the head was kept alive without being reattached to another body. The scientist in the novel even did the experiment on a dog first, before performing the surgery on a human. I wonder if they got the idea for the movie from this book. Hmmm....

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Mick C.   06-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Warning - Below Be Spoilers:

The Russian head-transplant stuff was based on a series of Soviet experiments in the resuscitation of dead animals, as demonstrated in a rather infamous 1940 Soviet propaganda documentary where a dead dog's head is kept alive (which probably provided inspiration for some very cheesy horror movies in the 1940s and 1950s). Opinions vary as to the veracity of the Soviet claims. Lysenkoism certainly showed the Reds were not above making pseudo-scientific claims to advance the supposed superiority of Soviet science.

Here's the original, disturbingly Frankensteinian fim. You might not want to watch this if you're squeamish or an animal lover.

http://www.archive.org/details/Experime1940

See the comments at the end of the link for a range of opinions on the film.
This post was last modified: 06-05-2009, 06:50 PM by Mick C..

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie