Pages (2):    1 2
Brian   04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
fpw Wrote:You'd do best to read them in the order of the Secret History, which means reading the first four of the Adversary Cycle now. Hold off on Reprisal until right after RJ #14, and wait for the revised Nightworld after RJ #15.

...shuffling my reading order, Thanks!

There is no wise man without fault
Ken Valentine   04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:As far as The Touch being read out of order, I have it on good authority that The Touch has a great deal to do with one of the characters in Reprisal, so you should DEFINITELY read it before you tackle that one.
That's REBORN, not THE TOUCH. And there are a couple of incidents in ALL THE RAGE which link it to THE TOUCH.

Ken V.
Wapitikev   04-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:That's REBORN, not THE TOUCH. And there are a couple of incidents in ALL THE RAGE which link it to THE TOUCH.

Ken V.
Apologies, Turanthor...my source on Reprisal was confusing Jeffy Nash (Touch) with Danny Gordon (Reprisal)...needless to say, they are no longer considered a trustworthy source on Reprisal (which I have not yet read, myself).

But, as far as the reading order of The Touch goes, FPW lists it before Reprisal but after Reborn. Reading Reborn first is the logical order, since it occurs almost 40 years prior to The Touch, despite having only peripheral plot elements in common.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Ken Valentine   04-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Apologies, Turanthor...my source on Reprisal was confusing Jeffy Nash (Touch) with Danny Gordon (Reprisal)...needless to say, they are no longer considered a trustworthy source on Reprisal (which I have not yet read, myself).

But, as far as the reading order of The Touch goes, FPW lists it before Reprisal but after Reborn. Reading Reborn first is the logical order, since it occurs almost 40 years prior to The Touch, despite having only peripheral plot elements in common.
When you include the background -- with the Danny Gordon incident -- REPRISAL takes place over a period of five years.

THE TOUCH, and all the Repairman Jack stories take place within that same time line.

Ken V.
Turanthor   05-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Apologies, Turanthor...my source on Reprisal was confusing Jeffy Nash (Touch) with Danny Gordon (Reprisal)...needless to say, they are no longer considered a trustworthy source on Reprisal (which I have not yet read, myself).

-Wapitikev

thanks for the info Wapit. I had read synopsis for The Touch and from that it almost seemed as if it was not as integral to the overall AC as the others.

I will have to make sure I pick up a copy by the time Ground Zero comes out so I can make sure to be caught up. I was feeling like I was missing a lot when I was reading Bloodlines, good to know that I am still on track.
Ken Valentine   05-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Turanthor Wrote:thanks for the info Wapit. I had read synopsis for The Touch and from that it almost seemed as if it was not as integral to the overall AC as the others.
THE KEEP, THE TOMB, and THE TOUCH were originally written as stand-alone novels. Then Paul wrote REBORN, REPRISAL, and NIGHTWORLD, which turned all six novels into a series.

NIGHTWORLD brings together all the major characters from the first five novels.

When you finally read NIGHTWORLD, you will see how THE TOUCH fits into the series.

Ken V.
Dave F   05-03-2009, 02:39 PM
http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin/gau...=197675530

You can pre order the second YA novel here

:thumbsup:

The artist formally known as Britfan
Pages (2):    1 2