Mike Hanson   03-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Ron Silver, July 2, 1946-March 15, 2009

Actor and longtime political activist Ron Silver died this morning, succumbing to a long battle with cancer, friends of the liberal Democrat-turned-GOP stalwart told The Post.

“Ron Silver died peacefully in his sleep with his family around him this morning,” said Robin Bronk, executive director of the Creative Coalition, which Silver helped create.

“He had been fighting esophageal cancer for two years and his family is making arrangements for a private service.
This post was last modified: 03-15-2009, 10:54 PM by Mike Hanson.
GeraldRice   03-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Mike Hanson Wrote:Ron Silver, July 2, 1946-March 15, 2009

Actor and longtime political activist Ron Silver died this morning, succumbing to a long battle with cancer, friends of the liberal Democrat-turned-GOP stalwart told The Post.

“Ron Silver died peacefully in his sleep with his family around him this morning,” said Robin Bronk, executive director of the Creative Coalition, which Silver helped create.

“He had been fighting esophageal cancer for two years and his family is making arrangements for a private service.

Ron Silver? Aw, I loved him. He played an excellent Mexican/alien in The Arrival.

As an aside, Robin Bronk is Benji Bronk's sister, a writer on the Howard Stern show.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Gard   03-16-2009, 03:09 PM
This is sad news. I had the opportunity to interview Mr. Silver in 2005, and he was not only brilliant, but also very accessible. After the on-air interview, he gave me his phone number in NYC and his personal e-mail to stay in touch. He knew I was a libertarian, and he was very open-minded and inquisitive. I found out a while back that he used to host political-economic discussions for his entertainment industry friends, and the only stipulation was that people had to be open to ideas and respectful.

I think many people will miss not only his business acumen, his acting talents, and his wit, but also his thirst for learning.

RIP.