Pages (2): 1 2   
BillH   02-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Hello, I'm a newbie here. However, I'm not new to the Repairman Jack novels. I've read all but two of them. They being "By the Sword" and "Jack's Secret History." I should add that I didn't read them in order but enjoyed them just the same. Am I allowed to substitute a cartoon picture instead of my own?

I'm going to feel my way around before setting up a profile.

Thanks for letting me join the discussions. Smile
This post was last modified: 02-24-2009, 09:53 PM by BillH.
cobalt   02-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Welcome Bill. You'll enjoy the discussions.
As to an avatar, you can use a picture or a cartoon.....almost anything within reason of course. Big Grin

EWMAN
Wapitikev   02-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi, Bill. You'll like it here. Let's see that cartoon avatar.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Srem   02-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Greetings, Bill. I found that you can use wallpapers from the internet for your personal avatar.

As far as reading the books out of order, don't feel bad.
I read The Tomb when it first came out, then read Nightworld years later without making the connection... Needless to say I had to do a lot of back-tracking to figure out what the hell was going in the Adversary tale, lol.
Jamo   02-25-2009, 06:17 AM
Hey Bill!

Welcome to the board, hope you'll have lots of fun here Wink

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Kenji   02-25-2009, 08:04 AM
BillH Wrote:Hello, I'm a newbie here. However, I'm not new to the Repairman Jack novels. I've read all but two of them. They being "By the Sword" and "Jack's Secret History." I should add that I didn't read them in order but enjoyed them just the same. Am I allowed to substitute a cartoon picture instead of my own?

I'm going to feel my way around before setting up a profile.

Thanks for letting me join the discussions. Smile

Welcome to the board, BillH! :hello:

"By The Sword" is excellent. Enjoy!
BillH   02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Serm, Jamo and Kenji, Wapitikevk, thank you for your welcome.
This post was last modified: 02-25-2009, 03:00 PM by BillH.
cobalt   02-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Harrumph....and snubbed me. Ok...so that's how it will be....

EWMAN
Wapitikev   02-25-2009, 06:02 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Harrumph....and snubbed me. Ok...so that's how it will be....
A mere oversight, I am sure [his original message didn't thank me either Smile but he edited it to include me...or at least a russian version of me]. No one could forget you, Cobalt. You're unforgettable!

Some serious sucking up is now in order, Bill.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Brian   02-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:A mere oversight, I am sure [his original message didn't thank me either Smile but he edited it to include me...or at least a russian version of me]. No one could forget you, Cobalt. You're unforgettable!

Yes she is! I'll bank some suck up now. Wink

Wapitikev Wrote:Some serious sucking up is now in order, Bill.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Run man, run!

There is no wise man without fault
Pages (2): 1 2