lexator222   02-24-2009, 03:40 PM
No, this is NOT about the new "JACK" book that is already out. This is about Jack's background, what his parents and grandparents were, where they originally came from. I surmise that Jack is of "Scots/Irish" descent, with a little German in there also, possibly.
Now, is there any specific clues in any of the books that would indicate exactly what Jack's background would be? I was just in the middle of reading the new book "Jack" and it came to mind, so I had to lay the book down, and post this here. With my memory, if I didn't post this at once, I would forget it for WEEKS! :p

Lexx
fpw   02-24-2009, 05:40 PM
JAck had an uncle in the Black Watch.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Brian   02-24-2009, 06:33 PM
A Scot aye? Cool

There is no wise man without fault
lexator222   02-24-2009, 07:11 PM
fpw Wrote:Jack had an uncle in the Black Watch.

Where was THAT?? I would have instantly figured Scots in that regard!

Do you know what his ancestry is, Paul?

A good actor, when given a part, will sit down and "create" a background for the role, and I would have thought that somewhere along the line, or perhaps before you decided to get into a whole series of books, that you would have thought along those lines for JACK!
William Shatner, on the other hand, just makes each role the same as the one before, they are ALL just Shatner! Big Grin :hand::dontknow:
fpw   02-24-2009, 08:12 PM
lexator222 Wrote:Where was THAT?? I would have instantly figured Scots in that regard!

Do you know what his ancestry is, Paul?
We'll delve into Uncle Joe a little in the 3rd YA.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
lexator222   02-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Okay, I KNOW that I will get slapped for this, but what is "YA"?

Lexx
icarusflu   03-01-2009, 12:15 AM
YA = Young Adult

you can smack yourself in the forehead now

Icarus