Pages (2):    1 2
Dervish   02-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Ft13 isn't my genre. But I did see at least part of one where it was like Freddy vs. Carrie (telekinetic). My cousin got me to see one that was scifi (with one of the women being an android who seemed as immune to dying as Jason was Big Grin). And I went to see FvJ simply to laugh at it (it didn't disappoint).

Overall, my impression is that Jason is the bogeyman that goes after teens that have sex and lose their sobriety. Just like in so many of those urban legends of horror. You break the moral mores and Jason gets you. This was pretty blatant to me in all that I saw, but it got downright emphatic about it as Jason comes out of hibernation or something right as 2 are having sex on a spaceship (it was like it was obviously connected as the scenes kept changing from the teens getting off to Jason regaining consciousness). So I'd imagine any movie with him would feature that stuff going on pretty intensely, especially if the body count is to be especially high.

To us he may be horror/slasher, but I wonder if the Taliban wouldn't think him more a superhero rather than a bogeyman. :p

It also seems to me that most of Jason's victims weren't very sympathetic, being a bunch of shallow jerks. My memory is vague on that, and I seem to be confusing at least a little of it with Kamp Krusty from The Simpsons. :o

I found FvJ mildly interesting in its contrast, because the theme from NoES flicks seems to be more about the evil of adults, the secrets they keep (and dread their children ever finding out), and not being able to depend on people like your parents for help (in fact, you'd best run from them). Mixing that with the Talibanish Jason who went after them for drinking/drugging & having sex (at least unofficially) was a mildly interesting mix of bogeymen to me.
This post was last modified: 02-16-2009, 11:36 PM by Dervish.
Tony H   02-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Dervish Wrote:Ft13 isn't my genre. But I did see at least part of one where it was like Freddy vs. Carrie (telekinetic). My cousin got me to see one that was scifi (with one of the women being an android who seemed as immune to dying as Jason was Big Grin). And I went to see FvJ simply to laugh at it (it didn't disappoint).

Overall, my impression is that Jason is the bogeyman that goes after teens that have sex and lose their sobriety. Just like in so many of those urban legends of horror. You break the moral mores and Jason gets you. This was pretty blatant to me in all that I saw, but it got downright emphatic about it as Jason comes out of hibernation or something right as 2 are having sex on a spaceship (it was like it was obviously connected as the scenes kept changing from the teens getting off to Jason regaining consciousness). So I'd imagine any movie with him would feature that stuff going on pretty intensely, especially if the body count is to be especially high.

To us he may be horror/slasher, but I wonder if the Taliban wouldn't think him more a superhero rather than a bogeyman. :p

It also seems to me that most of Jason's victims weren't very sympathetic, being a bunch of shallow jerks. My memory is vague on that, and I seem to be confusing at least a little of it with Kamp Krusty from The Simpsons. :o

I found FvJ mildly interesting in its contrast, because the theme from NoES flicks seems to be more about the evil of adults, the secrets they keep (and dread their children ever finding out), and not being able to depend on people like your parents for help (in fact, you'd best run from them). Mixing that with the Talibanish Jason who went after them for drinking/drugging & having sex (at least unofficially) was a mildly interesting mix of bogeymen to me.

Very astute observations. F13 isn't my type of film, but because I grew up on it and cut my teeth on these films I feel I owed it to the franchise to pay it a visit. Ehh...I won't be seeing the sequel.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Fenian1916   02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
They give writing credit to three different people for this turd of a movie. You summed it up well Tony.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Pages (2):    1 2