Karithna   02-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey guys, I'm a newbie here so please humor me. I saw this crazy movie when I was in high school called The Keep. Ever since I've been a big fan of FPW and Tangerine Dream (who did the music obviously). Any other TD fans out there?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Karithna Wrote:Hey guys, I'm a newbie here so please humor me. I saw this crazy movie when I was in high school called The Keep. Ever since I've been a big fan of FPW and Tangerine Dream (who did the music obviously). Any other TD fans out there?

Howdy, Karitna! Welcome to the board. I have a TD collection which I found intriguing, but don't know much about them. What cd would you recommend as a starter?
Karithna   02-15-2009, 07:18 PM
I like their older stuff from the 70's and 80's. some of the albums I like are Logos, Exit, Underwater Sunlight, Ricochet. They've been around for years. It's good music to read by.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Karithna Wrote:I like their older stuff from the 70's and 80's. some of the albums I like are Logos, Exit, Underwater Sunlight, Ricochet. They've been around for years. It's good music to read by.

Thanks for the info, Karithna! I have music playing pretty much as soon as I wake up. To read, I generally put on something I've heard so much I no longer really =listen= to it unless I make a conscious effort to do so. (If you know what I mean...Confusedhocked:Rolleyes.) The Fabs, for example. Bach concertos set nice vibrations to settle down with a book too, I find. But nothing that =demands= your attention. Like a lot of Beethoven, or Metallica, or BITCHES BREW.:pRolleyes
lexator222   02-16-2009, 01:09 AM
There are actually TWO different (VERY different) movie scores from this film! I have the SECOND one, I used to have the first, but I loaned it out and it never came back! I think that "SOUNDTRACK collectors" may have a couple of listings for that!
Good luck, Lexx
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-16-2009, 03:04 PM
lexator222 Wrote:There are actually TWO different (VERY different) movie scores from this film! I have the SECOND one, I used to have the first, but I loaned it out and it never came back! I think that "SOUNDTRACK collectors" may have a couple of listings for that!
Good luck, Lexx

Wouldn't it be a stone gas if there were 2 different films with the same soundtrack?:p
lexator222   02-16-2009, 04:25 PM
That would be wierd, however, and this is strange, the first soundtrack (I think that it is the "Official" one) has SOME music from the movie, and the second one, the one that I have, has some OTHER music from the film! Some tracks are duplicated on both soundtracks, but to get ALL the music, you need both!
Lexx
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
lexator222 Wrote:That would be wierd, however, and this is strange, the first soundtrack (I think that it is the "Official" one) has SOME music from the movie, and the second one, the one that I have, has some OTHER music from the film! Some tracks are duplicated on both soundtracks, but to get ALL the music, you need both!
Lexx

Which would you recommend first, Lexx?
dezboi   02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah! While the Keep was the first time I heard of the group Tangerine Dream, I never found that actual album. Anyhoo -- a few years later, when I found out that they'd done a few other movies (including _Near Dark_) I started collecting their albums. Some of their work was "concept album" stuff, like the one founded on some of William Blake's poetry. Over all though very good stuff. Loved it.

Hmmm. Haven't listened to that stuff in years; I'll have to pull them out and give 'em a go.

"Many men, perhaps even most, are unhappy in their souls. We burn so hard, but we shed so little light; it makes us crazy and sad." - Clive Barker Galilee
Karithna   02-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Near Dark was a great flick! Some of the best stuff Lance Hericson and Bill Paxton ever did! I just watched it on HULU.COM a few weeks ago. As for TD, I have several gigs of it on my sansa. It's great to zone out to at work (my work allows me to zone out....Huzza!). I think I only have 2 songs from the keep soundtrack, but they've been around since '67. I saw them in concert in '86. I would recommend them for the Rj movie, but they do mostly techno dance stuff anymore.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein