Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Kenji   02-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Quentin Tarantino's new film, "Inglourious Basterds". I just saw this trailer, and...wow! It blew me away! :eek6:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808404206/video/11988602

Now I really can't wait this one.
t4terrific   02-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Kenji Wrote:Quentin Tarantino's new film, "Inglourious Basterds". I just saw this trailer, and...wow! It blew me away! :eek6:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808404206/video/11988602

Now I really can't wait this one.

I haven't seen a Tarantino film that I haven't liked. This one looks especially terrific!

Can anyone guess why the title of the film, "Inglourious Basterds", is intentionally spelled wrong?
Tony H   02-13-2009, 12:13 PM
It's a remake. Maybe the spelling has something to do with decency codes at the time of the originals release or it has something to do with what happens in the original film.

QT is hit and miss with me...this looks good though. Bloody good fun.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
GeraldRice   02-13-2009, 02:14 PM
AsMoral Wrote:It's a remake. Maybe the spelling has something to do with decency codes at the time of the originals release or it has something to do with what happens in the original film.

QT is hit and miss with me...this looks good though. Bloody good fun.

Is it a remake? I read the synopsis of the original and it seemed different. Maybe he took the concept of the original and made that into a shooting script. I don't know, but I recall him wanting it to be a movie about war criminals being given a 2nd chance by throwing them into the thick of battle. And Eddie Murphy was supposed to be in it. I guess Eddie decided to stay in Children's-movies-that-suck-but-grosse-tons-of-cash-Land.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
bones weep tedium   02-13-2009, 08:02 PM
It's not a remake, but it's central plot is apprently heavily influenced by an old italian movie that was called INGLORIOUS BASTARDS

I suppose the deliberate spelling mistake has more to do with modern delicate sensibilities. Rolleyes

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Alvin Fox   09-07-2009, 04:31 AM
Has anyone else seen this yet? I went at the urging of a friend. I'm just not wowed by Tarantino anymore.
Patrice   09-07-2009, 05:29 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:Has anyone else seen this yet? I went at the urging of a friend. I'm just not wowed by Tarantino anymore.

I have!
I picked up the opportunity to watch in the original version in a littel cinema in Düsseldorf.
This movie is amazing. Tarantino fans will love it.
Brad Pitt is so f***ing good in this movie but he is defeated bei Christopf Waltz which makes, in my opportunity, makes the best performance since Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight.
Kenji   09-07-2009, 07:58 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:Has anyone else seen this yet? I went at the urging of a friend. I'm just not wowed by Tarantino anymore.

It'll come to Japan in October.

Can't wait! Big Grin
ccosborne3   09-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Patrice Wrote:he is defeated bei Christopf Waltz which makes, in my opportunity, makes the best performance since Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight.

Best performance I've seen in years. Hands down shoo-in for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar.

Possibly Tarantino's best film.
Patrice   09-08-2009, 04:31 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Best performance I've seen in years. Hands down shoo-in for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar.

Possibly Tarantino's best film.

That´s a BINGOOOO... Big Grin
Pages (3): 1 2 3