tacklebox386   01-30-2009, 01:07 AM
has BtS only been released in hardcover? I havnt seen paperback anywhere,and if so any idea when a paperback will be releasd?
Ken Valentine   01-30-2009, 01:27 AM
tacklebox386 Wrote:has BtS only been released in hardcover? I havnt seen paperback anywhere,and if so any idea when a paperback will be releasd?
It's a new release, so it's only out in hard cover. It'll probably be close to a year before it comes out in paperback.

Ken V.
Vargas   02-02-2009, 07:51 PM
While it is only available in Hardback, I picked it up last weekend at my local B. Dalton and it was $4.98. I have no idea why but I jumped at it.

I normally try not to buy hardback books but for $5.00 it was a no brainer. If you have a B. Dalton close to you, see if they have it there.

Read it over the weekend in one day and it was great.
GeraldRice   02-03-2009, 12:34 AM
All the B. Dalton's over here evaporated. I think Barnes and Nobleis the parent company. Too bad I already own (and read) this book otherwise I'd leap at that price.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-03-2009, 02:09 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:All the B. Dalton's over here evaporated. I think Barnes and Nobleis the parent company. Too bad I already own (and read) this book otherwise I'd leap at that price.

That's right, Gerald! B&N rules! MWAHH-HA-HA-HA HA!
lexator222   02-07-2009, 10:38 PM
WOW!!! 5.00 for BTS??? I paid over 20.00 MORE than that, but it was worth it! I have some questions, as I just finished the book this afternoon so:

SPOILER ALERT!!! (scroll down)

In "By the sword" Why didn't Jack ask Glaiken if "Swen" was connected to the Otherness! They were discussing the book, and it had been mentioned in a previous book that the "kickers" (or another cult) were going to use the compendium for the good of the otherness, or something like that, it's been a LONG time since I read that, but I remember that Jack HAD to grab that book to keep it from evil hands that would use to to futher the plans of Rasalom. Is my memory faulty?
Also, Although the "Ladies with the dogs" only appear once in any particular book, it seems a little far out there, that they are all the SAME lady! If one dies, then another takes her place, that I can get, (Like the vampire slayer bit). But since most of the books take place only a month apart, these women are getting knocked off at a RECORD rate! Seems to challenge the boundaries of my credulity somewhat!
Some other things came up, but I will address them at a later time!

Lex
Lysistrata   02-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Spoilers ahoy

lexator222 Wrote:Also, Although the "Ladies with the dogs" only appear once in any particular book, it seems a little far out there, that they are all the SAME lady! If one dies, then another takes her place, that I can get, (Like the vampire slayer bit). But since most of the books take place only a month apart, these women are getting knocked off at a RECORD rate! Seems to challenge the boundaries of my credulity somewhat!
Some other things came up, but I will address them at a later time!

Lex

There is but one Dog Lady, who seems to be around here since a very long time. Each time she appears to RJ under a new appearance, but I doubt her last appearance is killed beforehand each time, she seems hard to kill to begin with. Rather, she exists under several forms at the same time, the better to keep an eye on various places/persons/artefacts.

Trying to be nice
lexator222   02-08-2009, 12:52 PM
OH! so, she can assume ANY form at all? Well that explains it! I guess she does that so she can keep Rasalom off of her trail? Or she does that just to confuse Jack? Or she keeps changing her appearance like girls change their hair color? Or........
just about as clear as mud!