Scott Miller   01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Well I'd about given up on Guy Ritchie after watching the awful Revolver a few months back, but something about his latest, RocknRolla, cried out for me to rent it. It's light years better than Revolver, but not quite as good as Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or Snatch. It features all the low-lifes we've come to expect in a Ritchie film all scammming one another with none of them knowing what the hell is really going on. Hopefully Ritchie can keep on the path and churn out more entertaining movies like this.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
colburn0004   01-29-2009, 12:36 AM
I thought it was very good I actually really like the characters in the movie and hope he makes The Real RocknRolla that he (I believe) jokes about at the end of the movie. But I hope he does very well with Sherlock Holmes before he moves on to a new movie.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
bones weep tedium   01-29-2009, 06:04 AM
I liked the look of Rocknrolla, but after being burned buying cinema tickets for Revolver I decided to wait until I saw Rocknrolla for a coupla quid on DVD before I picked it up.

I am looking forward to seeing Sherlock Holmes though.... mainly for Robert Downey Jr. I think a wise-cracking kung fu Sherlock Holmes would be ace fun. Wink

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
colburn0004   01-29-2009, 08:44 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I liked the look of Rocknrolla, but after being burned buying cinema tickets for Revolver I decided to wait until I saw Rocknrolla for a coupla quid on DVD before I picked it up.

I am looking forward to seeing Sherlock Holmes though.... mainly for Robert Downey Jr. I think a wise-cracking kung fu Sherlock Holmes would be ace fun. Wink

Yeah, just like Iron Man I thought RDJ was perfectly cast for the role. I can't wait for it.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
GeraldRice   01-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Well I'd about given up on Guy Ritchie after watching the awful Revolver a few months back, but something about his latest, RocknRolla, cried out for me to rent it. It's light years better than Revolver, but not quite as good as Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or Snatch. It features all the low-lifes we've come to expect in a Ritchie film all scammming one another with none of them knowing what the hell is really going on. Hopefully Ritchie can keep on the path and churn out more entertaining movies like this.

I thought you were talking about the movie "Redemption Road" starring Joaquim Phoenix and Mark Ruffalo.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com