Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-29-2009, 12:33 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Now Billy Mays (the pitchman) is gone. What's happening?!

Entropy.
Mick C.   06-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Entropy, entropy, all winds down.

I give serious props to whomever can identify that quote.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
KRW   06-29-2009, 10:21 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Now Billy Mays (the pitchman) is gone. What's happening?!

You know how celebrity deaths happen in threes...? Well Billy Mays did it one better, and threw an extra death in for free! What a showman!Wink
Brian   06-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Mick C. Wrote:Entropy, entropy, all winds down.

A political comic I believe, on the level of a non-sequitur.

There is no wise man without fault
Scott Miller   06-29-2009, 11:40 PM
KRW Wrote:You know how celebrity deaths happen in threes...? Well Billy Mays did it one better, and threw an extra death in for free! What a showman!Wink

Who's gonna hawk all of Michael Jackson's shit now?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
cobalt   06-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Mick C. Wrote:Entropy, entropy, all winds down.

A chaos theorist I'd bet. Big Grin

EWMAN
Mick C.   06-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Nay and Nay.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Karithna   07-10-2009, 01:04 AM
No more coincidences?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Dervish   07-11-2009, 12:37 AM
I watched a bunch of those eps out of curiosity, mostly on the internet. The robot was, by far, my favorite character. I literally LOL at the things he (*) said & did, especially to Dr. Smith. I'm not sure I could've stood watching too many eps if it hadn't been for the Robot. (*I say he, because he did fall for a female robot once...just another thing that cracked me up.)

Granted, Dr. Smith, especially as the show got progressively more silly, was also hilarious. In real life, I wouldn't tolerate him at all (**), but on the show, his choice of words & delivery were cheesetastic awesome. Big Grin

(**In the 1998 movie, where John Robinson tells Maureen that Smith is dangerous and maybe he shouldn't have let him live, I instantly imagined myself in Maureen's place explaining, "Don't worry about it, he's already in deep freeze. If we make it back to Earth, we turn him over to the authorities. If our provisions run low, he's on the menu.")
Mick C.   07-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Dervish Wrote:I watched a bunch of those eps out of curiosity, mostly on the internet. The robot was, by far, my favorite character. I literally LOL at the things he (*) said & did, especially to Dr. Smith. I'm not sure I could've stood watching too many eps if it hadn't been for the Robot. (*I say he, because he did fall for a female robot once...just another thing that cracked me up.)

Granted, Dr. Smith, especially as the show got progressively more silly, was also hilarious. In real life, I wouldn't tolerate him at all (**), but on the show, his choice of words & delivery were cheesetastic awesome. Big Grin

Even as a kid (when I first watched those shows), I was amazed that Will's parents would let Dr. Smith have unaccompanied access to Will. Aside from the creepy molester vibe he exuded ("Will....dear boy!"), in each episode he would sell Will to an alien circus, or to an alien zoo, or to a couple of faceless aliens in shiny bowler hats who wanted to use Will's brain for their supercomputer....all in exchange for a promise of a ticket back to earth for Dr. Smith from the aliens. Yet in the next episode, Will's Mom and Dad would let Will again wander off into the unexplored alien planet with Dr. Smith (and the Robot for a chaperone) while they tried to get the ship's engine running. :confused: Good childcare really must be hard to find!

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Pages (3):    1 2 3