Kenji   01-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Bug...

First, I thought this movie is a kind of "attack of killer insects" or something else. But it wasn't. I didn't know it was based on off-Broadway plays.

"Bug" is a psychological thriller. Also it's very creepy and strange movie. Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon infected by something. They thought those are "bugs". They see them on a microscope, and they shout "Ewwww! Bugs!". But we(audiences) can't see those bugs. We're not sure they're saying truth. Perhaps their delusion?

The movie's runtime is 107 min, but first 1 hour is dull. But! But you should wait an hour patiently(or push FF button). Last 47 min was horrific.
Some scenes are too painful, and you won't forget that last scene. It's an insane moment I've never seen before......

William Friedkin did good job. But his best work was "The Exorcist", of course.
Aprilis   01-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I liked it. I think the movie showed how some personality types can easily be persueded to believe what someone else wants you to believe. kinda like what Mason did to his followers.
Plus you get to see Ashley Judd nude.

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Kenji   01-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Aprilis Wrote:Plus you get to see Ashley Judd nude.

That was one of the surprising moments. :p
GeraldRice   01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
It was a good movie. I hated it. I probably would have enjoyed it if I hadn't been misled into thinking it was something else. But the studio probably knew they had a stinker on their hands and repackaged it to draw suckers like me in. I can't bring myself to watch it again.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com