Tony H   01-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Dimension films has confirmed that they have hired scribe Kevin Williamson to work on a screenplay for a fourth installment of the long dormant Scream franchise.

Studio insiders state that this new installment will be younger and more fresh. Financial offers were made to the remaining cast of the original trilogy, Courtney Cox, neve Campbell and David Arquette to reprise their respective roles in cameos for the new film.

Williamson has begun work on a spec script which will most likely not be the actual working script. The studio is shooting for a 2011 release.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Fenian1916   01-22-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd say that series has run it's course. It should have stopped with just one.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Wapitikev   01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Fenian1916 Wrote:I'd say that series has run it's course. It should have stopped with just one.
No-way.

It'll be funnier than any of the Scary Movie parodies.

I love it when runaway sequels and remakes unintentionally parody themselves.

Except for Highlander 2.

That was just wrong, man!

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
colburn0004   01-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:No-way.

It'll be funnier than any of the Scary Movie parodies.

I love it when runaway sequels and remakes unintentionally parody themselves.

Except for Highlander 2.

That was just wrong, man!

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Scream 3 almost seemed like it was trying to spoof itself. It had the Movie studio and all and some of the roles like Parker Posey, Jenny McCarthy and the guy that looks like Brad Garret(can't remember his namb but he was Parker Posey's body gaurd) all these roles seemed intentionally funny.

I think 3 could be good if the rumors are true and Wes Craven will have an active role in the making of it.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Tony H   01-27-2009, 03:18 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:Scream 3 almost seemed like it was trying to spoof itself. It had the Movie studio and all and some of the roles like Parker Posey, Jenny McCarthy and the guy that looks like Brad Garret(can't remember his namb but he was Parker Posey's body gaurd) all these roles seemed intentionally funny.

I think 3 could be good if the rumors are true and Wes Craven will have an active role in the making of it.

Scream 3 was definitely played for laughs. It was very Scooby-Doo in my opinion complete with hidden passages and all. Not very scary that one though the laughs were funny.

Patrick Warburton is the actor you are thinking of.

I LOVE Parker Posey and the scene in which Courtney Cox punches her and Parker Posey looks at her all upset and says "My...Lawyer..Liked...That" still ranks as one of my favorite lines in a movie.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
GeraldRice   01-27-2009, 03:21 PM
If only they had waited to make "I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer". Scream 4's steam could have bumped it up into a movie theater.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Tony H   01-27-2009, 03:23 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:If only they had waited to make "I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer". Scream 4's steam could have bumped it up into a movie theater.

LOL! That was truly an epic fail of a film.

Certified 100% Serious