tacklebox386   01-13-2009, 05:05 AM
hey everyone, just making an opening hello to everyone. I was put on to FPW's books by the owner of a local bookstore thats been around since i was real young. I went in one day a few months back and he reccommended me "The Tomb" (by FPW. duh), and "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon. I read Swan Song first and although very good it didnt hook me like The Tomb did. I have since read (in order unfornutunately) The Tomb, The Keep, All The Rage, Hosts, Harbingers, The Infernal, and just finished The Touch. He also sold me "Reprisal" and an old copy of "Night World" (which since buying I have learned that i probably won't read untilthe revised one is released and it is time for it) directlyout of his personal collection since he saw how much i was getting into them. Right now I am trying to figure out which book to start on next since I have kinda skipped around based on availability of the books. I have kind of had a problem finding copies of "Reborn" and the smaller short stories that tie into the RJ/AC timelines. Any advice on the next choice would be apprciated.
Wapitikev   01-13-2009, 07:42 AM
tacklebox386 Wrote:hey everyone, just making an opening hello to everyone. I was put on to FPW's books by the owner of a local bookstore thats been around since i was real young. I went in one day a few months back and he reccommended me "The Tomb" (by FPW. duh), and "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon. I read Swan Song first and although very good it didnt hook me like The Tomb did. I have since read (in order unfornutunately) The Tomb, The Keep, All The Rage, Hosts, Harbingers, The Infernal, and just finished The Touch. He also sold me "Reprisal" and an old copy of "Night World" (which since buying I have learned that i probably won't read untilthe revised one is released and it is time for it) directlyout of his personal collection since he saw how much i was getting into them. Right now I am trying to figure out which book to start on next since I have kinda skipped around based on availability of the books. I have kind of had a problem finding copies of "Reborn" and the smaller short stories that tie into the RJ/AC timelines. Any advice on the next choice would be apprciated.
Welcome, tackle. You'll like it here.

Try your local library for the hard to find/buy titles...if they don't have them, then ask them to bring them in for you from another, member library.

SPOILER
I highly recommend you go back to Legacies [spoiler](bad santa is CLASSIC)[/spoiler] and then Conspiracies [spoiler](the first meeting between Jack and Rasalom!). Plus there are Tesla tie-ins with both books and you can find out more about the twins[/spoiler]

You'll be glad you did.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 01-13-2009, 07:45 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Lysistrata   01-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi Tacklebox, welcome aboard!

Amazon US lists some sellers who still have Reborn:

http://www.amazon.com/Reborn-Paul-F-Wils...725&sr=1-3

Trying to be nice
cobalt   01-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Welcome, you'll like it here.

EWMAN
Tony H   01-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Welcom to the forums Tacklebox! A lot of your questions have already been answered. Click on the FAQ at the top of the page for answers to your questions and more answers to more questions you didn't ask.

We all have been where you are with regards to tracking down out of print works. Some have had luck with abebooks.com, others have found success on ebay.com, and amazon.com has a long list of sellers with copies to spare.

No matter the method and by all means necessary!

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Wapitikev   01-14-2009, 02:31 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Welcome, you'll like it here.
Your novelty is unsurpassed, Cobalt.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   01-14-2009, 02:44 AM
AsMoral Wrote:Welcom to the forums Tacklebox! A lot of your questions have already been answered. Click on the FAQ at the top of the page for answers to your questions and more answers to more questions you didn't ask.

We all have been where you are with regards to tracking down out of print works. Some have had luck with abebooks.com, others have found success on ebay.com, and amazon.com has a long list of sellers with copies to spare.

No matter the method and by all means necessary!
Excellent suggestion, Tony...AbeBooks has a copy of Reborn right now in paperback for $3.00US and $4.00 shipping.

-Wapitikev

Silverfish   01-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi and welcome to the board.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Libby   01-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Welcome to the board!SmileSmileSmile

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.