Tony H   12-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Since discovering the use of Netflix through my XBOX 360 I have found myself watching many movies that would never appeal to me...simply because they are free.

Seed is one of these movies.

I think that any movie made by Uwe Bolle needs to have a disclaimer in the beginning that the film you are about to see will be an incomprehensible mess made by a director/screenwriter with no discernable talent.

Much to my shock, SEED did begin with a warning. It said the film was based on a true story and that it contained horrific scenes of anmial torture and urged viewrs to go to the PETA website for more information on the footage they were witnessing.

No sooner did this warning disappear that my screen was flooded with a montage of video of complete and horrific scenes of animals being tortured. It was horrific and damn near made me cry...no joke. The worst part was that Uwe inserted this footage for shock value only as it served to purpose to move the story forward. It was an assualt on the viewer simply to shock them.

why didn't Uwe insert scenes of the death camps as well? would that have crossed the line?

From the opening scenes we are treated to a horribly filmed and terribly acted dream sequence where a serial killer (Seed, his last name) is on a bus and kills a baby by picking it up and slamming it into a hand rail.

Then the film degrades (Yes...degrades...these first scenes were appraenty the pinnacle of the film) into a mess of non-linear storytelling (though I am sure this was not on purpose), horrible camerawork, and botched executions.

Seed has been captured and attempted to be executed twice...if they try a third time and fail he gets set free. The warden and arresting officer as well as a few select others pronounce the still breathing Seed dead and bury him alive.

Seed wakes up, digs himself out of his grave a`la Uma Thurman in Kill Bill volume 2 and exacts revenge by going on another killing spree that targets not only those who wronged him but anyone he wishes including a poor woman who gets bludgeoned to death with a hammer/hatchet. The scene is meant to be horrifying but comes across cartoonish all the while taking itself seriously.

Uwe needs to be stopped. How in the world does this talentless hack keep getting money to make films? Every film he has made has been a box office disaster (House of the Dead, In the Name the King, Alone in the Dark, BloodRayne...) his filmography reads like an epic fail list yet people still give him work.

I am waging a one man war on stopping Uwe...I don't know how but I will bring an end to him...

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Sigokat   12-31-2008, 04:58 PM
I can't believe you even watched the entire thing. I would have stopped during the animal torture (I really can't stand seeing innocent animals killed or slaughtered for no other reason then people's sick amusement). Also the way you described the baby killing is just horrific. How can any normal person find that to be "entertainment"? Does it happen in real life? Sadly, yes, but I read about it on the news; I don't want to be shown it in a movie.

Uwe is horrible. I think the only movies I have seen that he did was Alone In the Dark and House of the Dead and that was only because I played the video games and knew nothing about Uwe at the time.

He is horrible and I would join you in your quest to stop his filmmaking, however he probably gets away with what he does because of freedom of speech. If we censor Uwe then by default we must censor anything that someone may find offensive.

But thanks for the warning about this movie...again, I can't stand animal torture (another reason I hate Michael Vick, and anyone who fights animals, and am glad his life is ruined)
This post was last modified: 12-31-2008, 05:00 PM by Sigokat.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Tony H   12-31-2008, 05:11 PM
sigokat Wrote:I can't believe you even watched the entire thing. I would have stopped during the animal torture (I really can't stand seeing innocent animals killed or slaughtered for no other reason then people's sick amusement). Also the way you described the baby killing is just horrific. How can any normal person find that to be "entertainment"? Does it happen in real life? Sadly, yes, but I read about it on the news; I don't want to be shown it in a movie.

Uwe is horrible. I think the only movies I have seen that he did was Alone In the Dark and House of the Dead and that was only because I played the video games and knew nothing about Uwe at the time.

He is horrible and I would join you in your quest to stop his filmmaking, however he probably gets away with what he does because of freedom of speech. If we censor Uwe then by default we must censor anything that someone may find offensive.

But thanks for the warning about this movie...again, I can't stand animal torture (another reason I hate Michael Vick, and anyone who fights animals, and am glad his life is ruined)

I too hate animal torture and fast forwarded through the 4 minute excursion into this territory.

I am all for freedom of speech and my decision to stop him by any means necessary has nothing to do with him as a person...it has to do with him making crappy movies.

Whatever message he was trying to convey with the added scenes of animal torture/killing and the death of a baby...I can put aside. I just think the video shelves would be better without his films adorning them.

The sad part is, Uwe has stopped putting his name on the cover art...so it wasn't until the movie was over that I saw his name...it made things so clear.

I can't believe I watched the entire thing either...I must have been bored. I followed it up with disney's College Road Trip which was an Acedemy Award winner by comparison. At least it made me feel human again.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Sigokat   12-31-2008, 05:16 PM
The fact that you can openly admit to watching a Disney movie is what makes you so awesome, Tony.

Wait...I think i once mentioned that I love The Lion King on this board...and stupid Netflix STILL doesn't have it in stock...WTF, over??

And if you're bored you need to write more G:I...not watch crappy Uwe Boll movies LOL. I mean I'm still waiting to see if 1. I hooked up with the terminally ill woman in the hospital and 2. if I hooked up with the waitress at the diner!

Seriously...you can't leave a man in suspense like that, Tony! Come on!

Oh and to get back on topic...Uwe Boll sucks.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
cobalt   12-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys, I'll avoid that movie like the plague. Freedom of speech must be preserved but....just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

EWMAN