LolaRennt   12-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Or are critics just idiots?

Before I went to see this movie, I'd heard reviews say that the movie cleverly conceals what is really going on.

CRITICS HAVE NO BRAINS!!!

It's pretty damn obvious what's going on and why. So what's the point of making it sound like the movie is cryptic? It's so screamingly freakingly obvious what Will Smith's character is doing and why. Who can't put together organ donations and flashbacks of a horrible wreck and figure it out? Not to mention the movie begins with Will Smith callng 911 to report his own suicide. Duh...

It's not complex at all. I wish that reviews would be a tad bit more accurate.

Why do I always do this to myself???
GeraldRice   12-31-2008, 11:30 AM
My guess would be that they wanted to leave that little hook out of the public domain to keep people interested. As it stands, you've pretty much spoiled the mystery for me.

Was it at least a good movie?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Tony H   12-31-2008, 05:54 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:My guess would be that they wanted to leave that little hook out of the public domain to keep people interested. As it stands, you've pretty much spoiled the mystery for me.

Was it at least a good movie?

She didn't ruin it Gerald. All that can be gleamed from any review. The twist is WHY he is doing what he is doing.

I didn't think it was a twist ending...just a denoument...you know from the first 5 minutes of the film that Will's character is desperate...the call to 911 happens at the very begining.

Lola did not give anything away that the commercials haven't.

The movie was awfully boring and all I heard was to bring tissue. I am not a crier but even if I was this film wouldn't have done it for me.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
chickybubs   03-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Watched this film last night and can quite honestky say i'm gutted i wasted 2 hours of my life i will now never get back. There is no mystery to the film, no twists that you dont see coming from the first fifteen minutes of the film, there was no effort in the script to make you interested in the story.

I find it such a shame I really like Will Smith but think he hasnt really been picking the greatest films of late. At least most of his latest ones have kept me interested for the first half before they just kind of end but this didnt even to that as it never really started for me.

Anyway thats just my humble opinion and each to their own as they say but its not really one i'd recommend
Kenji   03-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Ditto with some people. Will Smith was okay, but script was not good. [SPOILER]Opening scene[/SPOILER] was spoiler..... :nonod:
Ken Valentine   03-02-2009, 10:54 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:Or are critics just idiots?

Before I went to see this movie, I'd heard reviews say that the movie cleverly conceals what is really going on.

CRITICS HAVE NO BRAINS!!!

It's pretty damn obvious what's going on and why. So what's the point of making it sound like the movie is cryptic? It's so screamingly freakingly obvious what Will Smith's character is doing and why. Who can't put together organ donations and flashbacks of a horrible wreck and figure it out? Not to mention the movie begins with Will Smith callng 911 to report his own suicide. Duh...

It's not complex at all. I wish that reviews would be a tad bit more accurate.
I've forgotten whether he was referring to BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI, or LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, but either way, director David Lean said that critics almost never arrive in time to see the entire movie. They virtually ALWAYS arrive five or ten minutes late. This would account for the critics not understanding what was going on in the movie you're referring to.

What Lean did was to lock the doors a minute before the movie started, so late-arriving critics couldn't get in.

(I love it!)

Ken V.