Brian   12-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Possible Spoilers in my questions and speculations.

Yes I'm one of the newbies, but I'm reading as fast as I can here. I need some answers. I've looked through many of the older threads as well as the newer ones. So please forgive these questions if they repeat. I can't find the answers and asking somebody Wink gets me just a partial answer. Or "there are no more coincidences". Confusedquigglemouth: So here's my questions. ANY hint would help.

Were Tesla's experiments the source of the energy seen in Legacies? Is that energy still there,waiting for something to tap into it?

Was that energy what powered the implosion of the house in Monroe in Conspiracies? The twins, WTF were they? Were they agents of the Otherness?

In All The Rage, the rakosh was just left to roam the barrens? You would have thought Jack would want to kill that one especially. Why did he let it live? Do we see it again?

I'm more than half way through Hosts, I'm thinking Jack's sister is a goner. Is this the first lady and dog seen? Did I miss one?

I'll have more questions once I'm done I'm sure.

Thanks for any help.
This post was last modified: 12-20-2008, 07:19 PM by Brian.

There is no wise man without fault
Libby   12-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Brian Wrote:Were Tesla's experiments the source of the energy seen in Legacies? Is that energy still there,waiting for something to tap into it?

Telsa did come up with[SPOILER] broadcast power[/SPOILER], though we do not know it anyone else will find it. Presumably yes.
Quote:Was that energy what powered the implosion of the house in Monroe in Conspiracies? The twins, WTF were they? Were they agents of the Otherness?

There are some thing we know, some things we do. Perhaps the answers lie in the books you have not read. Perhaps in book that have not been written.

Quote:In All The Rage, the rakosh was just left to roam the barrens? You would have thought Jack would want to kill that one especially. Why did he let it live? Do we see it again?

I think he let it go because [SPOILER]it spared him. He realized that it was part human. I personally think that the Rakosh will not go after Vicky because Jack helped it. Jack will most likely fight it if he sees it again, but how will he find it?
[/SPOILER]

Quote: Is this the first lady and dog seen? Did I miss one?
I believe it is.

Hope this helped.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Brian   12-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Thank you Libby.

Libby   12-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Brian Wrote:Thank you Libby.

Anytime.Smile

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
cobalt   12-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Sad I'm suppose to spoil the discovery for you? There's still alot that we don't know. The Man will tell us, all in good time.

EWMAN
Wapitikev   12-21-2008, 03:26 AM
Brian Wrote:...Was that energy what powered the implosion of the house in Monroe in Conspiracies? The twins, WTF were they? Were they agents of the Otherness?...

Thanks for any help.

Libby was a little vague in this section...below is info that (for the most part) is not in any of the books thus far...if it is, I try to go light on it, and instead tell you which books you'll find out even more from, just to rachet up your anticipation level even higher.

SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT

Brian Wrote:...Was that energy what powered the implosion of the house in Monroe in Conspiracies?
It is unclear (at this point in the Jack books) what connection Broadcast Power has to the Otherness but on this board FPW has stated that (for the purposes of his Jack stories) one of the reasons Tesla stopped experimenting in certain areas and became a little loopy near the end of his life was due to the fact that one (or more) of his experiments showed him a glimpse of the Otherness and he didn't like what he saw.

The implosion of the house in Monroe (Conspiracies) was caused by a portal between the Otherness and Earth. It had the potential to bring about events similar to those in the novel Nightworld (which comes chronologically after the last, as yet unwritten, Jack book). Fortunately that portal was closed when it came into contact with 2 agents of the Ally imbued with the Ally's power. Why Munroe? Because of what happened there in Reborn (an awesome horror novel) 35 years earlier.

Brian Wrote:...The twins, WTF were they? Were they agents of the Otherness?...
The Twins were those 2 agents of the Ally and that was why the Portal in Conspiracies closed instead of continuing to grow and grow. Their power from the Ally negated the Otherness energy, causing the portal to collapse.

Outside of Conspiracies and Harbingers, very little is revealed about the Twins. Popular theory, not denied by FPW in threads where it is proposed, but not confirmed by him either, is that they were born roughly about the time of The Keep in '38 and marked at birth by the Ally as "possible' agents". They were imbued with the Ally's power and pressed into its service at some point threreafter, probably about the time of Reborn in '68. There is more information about the Twins revealed in Harbingers (which I feel is the best book in the series thus far) so I won't repeat it here...read and learn.

If you liked the first 5 books, look out, you've barely begun to discover the coolness that the NEXT 5 books uncover. I hope you have a lot of spare time to read in the new year; if not, you'll have a number of all-nighters ahead of you.

Heh.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 12-21-2008, 03:31 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Jamo   12-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Well, I didn't read everything because I am just reading Harbingers. Some of your questions will be explained when you go on reading. Don't ask everything, you should find out the things while you are reading Smile

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Brian   12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I thought broadcast power had something to do with powering/ loop feeding the otherness.
I should make notes when I read, like I did in school. Confusedquigglemouth:
Guess I'll go back and re-read some things.
I'm the impatient type. I want it all, as in yesterday.