Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Jamo   12-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey guys!

I just thought I have to open a thread about the series "How I Met Your Mother". Anyone knows this series? It is legend - wait for it - dary! (Series insider ^^)

It is so funny, you MUST see this.
At the moment the 4th Season is on television in the US.
I watch the series in english, because the german voices and translations are SO bad :-D
Btw: Does anyone know why there is no new episode this evening? You don't have any special day today, do you?

Greetings,
Jamo

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
jerrund   12-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I love this show.

It comes on on Monday's in the states, and we didn't have a new episode yesterday.

This has to do with the way that American television works - the standard season runs from mid-September through Mid May - about 35 weeks. However, a typical televison show will only have from 23-26 new episodes during that season. December is usually a prime time for repeats for a number of reasons. First, November used to be a huge month for television due to a phenomenon called the "sweeps" period - television stations showed new shows, often special episodes with special guests in order to increase ratings, because the numbers from November were used to set advertising rates. Also, the with the holiday season in full force, networks don't want to run new programs during times of potential lower viewership.

look for new episodes in January.
Jamo   12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I have to wait till JANUARY?? NO!! ^^
Wikipedia says next monday will be a new episode. Isn't that true??

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

colburn0004   12-02-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure if it is a new episode next monday or not, but this show is very funny. I got into it kind of late and have been hooked to it and The Big Bang Theory for a little while now.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
DaveStrorm   12-03-2008, 12:01 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:I'm not sure if it is a new episode next monday or not, but this show is very funny. I got into it kind of late and have been hooked to it and The Big Bang Theory for a little while now.

I love Big Bang Theory. Howard is hilarious. Sheldon has some great lines too but he grates on my nerves sometimes. A few of my favorite episodes: When Sheldon was sick and the others went to a POTA marathon in ape masks; When Leonard didn't want to go see Penny sing; Penny's Halloween party. I also like HIMYM but I thought the quality went down a bit in season 3. This season has been a little better. Barney makes the show but the epsiodes with the vidoes of "Robin Sparkles" were pretty funny. Those videos are dead-on of the Tiffany-type videos from the late 80s.
Alvin Fox   12-03-2008, 12:15 AM
I started watching this because I'd watch The Big Bang Theory and just go into this one. I watch it for Barney. But The Big Bang Theory... I laugh so much at that show.
Jamo   12-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, You all speak so good about The Big Bang Theory. I will try to watch some episodes today, I am excited

(Gentleman)

Libby   12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I've heard so much good about this show, but I have not cable/dish etc.Sad

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
colburn0004   12-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Libby Wrote:I've heard so much good about this show, but I have not cable/dish etc.Sad

It's on network tv. It's on basic cbs on mondays.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
RichE   12-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Jamo Wrote:Hey guys!

I just thought I have to open a thread about the series "How I Met Your Mother". Anyone knows this series? It is legend - wait for it - dary! (Series insider ^^)

It is so funny, you MUST see this.
At the moment the 4th Season is on television in the US.
I watch the series in english, because the german voices and translations are SO bad :-D
Btw: Does anyone know why there is no new episode this evening? You don't have any special day today, do you?

Greetings,
Jamo

I'm a sadist! I blasted "LETS GO TO THE MALL" by Robin Sparkles at my job to the horror of my co-workers!
Pages (3): 1 2 3