Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Libby   12-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Kenji Wrote:So now that's one of "us". Wink Big Grin

LOL, yup.:p

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
NickelobLight   12-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Movie: Shaun of the Dead. The scene where Liz and Diane hand Shaun the tetherball pole to use against the zombie. He takes it, grins, says "Yesssss." and swings the rubber ball on a string at the zombie's head. It bounces off and he says "No. It's rubbish." The two women without hesitation pantomime stabbing the zombie with it. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

TV: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The episode from this last season where Charlie tells Dee how rough it is to walk a mile in his shoes. So she comes with him to live like him for a day. Once its time for bed he makes her where his disgusting stained longjohns, because that's what he wears. Then he tells her to eat cat food, drink a beer and huff some glue because it'll make her really sick and really tired. "Why would I want to make myself really sick and really tired?" she asks. He answers "Because soon there's going to be like 50 cats out there making a racket all night. Oh and if nature calls, use one of these." and he picks up a bucket and gets sloshed by the...um...liquid inside. I cried I laughed so much at that scene. I literally couldn't breathe and couldn't stop laughing. I love that show.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]
Ken Valentine   12-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Although not the funniest, the scene that comes to mind at the moment is from the movie ME, MYSELF, AND IRENE. It's where someone asks the Jim Carey character what his name is, and he answered, "Hank Evans . . . for leetle girls."

Nobody I have talked to, who had seen that movie, got it, but that was the only thing in the entire movie that I thought wasn't completely stupid.

(For those here who may not get it, there was a song from the 1958 movie GIGI -- sung by Maurice Chevalier -- entitled THANK HEAVEN FOR LITTLE GIRLS.)

Ken V.
Mick C.   12-16-2008, 03:08 PM
NickelobLight Wrote:Movie: Shaun of the Dead. The scene where Liz and Diane hand Shaun the tetherball pole to use against the zombie. He takes it, grins, says "Yesssss." and swings the rubber ball on a string at the zombie's head. It bounces off and he says "No. It's rubbish." The two women without hesitation pantomime stabbing the zombie with it. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

TV: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The episode from this last season where Charlie tells Dee how rough it is to walk a mile in his shoes. So she comes with him to live like him for a day. Once its time for bed he makes her where his disgusting stained longjohns, because that's what he wears. Then he tells her to eat cat food, drink a beer and huff some glue because it'll make her really sick and really tired. "Why would I want to make myself really sick and really tired?" she asks. He answers "Because soon there's going to be like 50 cats out there making a racket all night. Oh and if nature calls, use one of these." and he picks up a bucket and gets sloshed by the...um...liquid inside. I cried I laughed so much at that scene. I literally couldn't breathe and couldn't stop laughing. I love that show.

Oh yeah, that was one of the funniest moments from one of my favorite series. Just the sight of her curled up on a bed in that slum apartment, sharing the mattress in those longjohns with Danny Devito and Charlie while the cats screech outside... then those (maybe) hallucinations in the hallway.

I also love the whole Nightman/Dayman episode - Charlie's original song literally had me in tears, as did Charlie and Dennis's Bowie-ified version on stage at the bar...

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
NickelobLight   12-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Mick C. Wrote:Oh yeah, that was one of the funniest moments from one of my favorite series. Just the sight of her curled up on a bed in that slum apartment, sharing the mattress in those longjohns with Danny Devito and Charlie while the cats screech outside... then those (maybe) hallucinations in the hallway.

I also love the whole Nightman/Dayman episode - Charlie's original song literally had me in tears, as did Charlie and Dennis's Bowie-ified version on stage at the bar...

Dude, the first part of the song was kind of cool, but the second part sounds like a guy coming into your house and raping you!

I love the finale a couple of weeks ago. We've got to handle this rape scene carefully.

What rape scene?

What a fantastic show. I can't wait until next fall.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]
Scott Miller   04-14-2009, 11:53 AM
NickelobLight Wrote:Dude, the first part of the song was kind of cool, but the second part sounds like a guy coming into your house and raping you!

I love the finale a couple of weeks ago. We've got to handle this rape scene carefully.

What rape scene?

What a fantastic show. I can't wait until next fall.

After only 3 episodes; the gay bar, the egg fight at the abortion clinic and the underage drinking, I can say that this is the funniest show since Arrested Development. I don't think we have too many, but the show is not intended for people seeking political correctness. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Mick C.   04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:After only 3 episodes; the gay bar, the egg fight at the abortion clinic and the underage drinking, I can say that this is the funniest show since Arrested Development. I don't think we have too many, but the show is not intended for people seeking political correctness. Thanks for letting me know about it.

"Charlie-Work" has become a permanent part of my vocabulary because of that show.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
colburn0004   04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
The part with the huffing paint and eating cat food. When it shows danny davito come in and get through it real fast and lay down I was literaly in tears because of that scene. That show is easily one of the funniest shows out and the writers are pure genious.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Murphy   04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Of very recent television, I am cracking up at "Better Off Ted" - the Veridian Dynamics commercial concerning Diversity was too funny.

In a movie, my favorite bit is actually a deleted scene from The Boondock Saints - their entire phone conversation with their mother in Ireland had me in stitches.
bjdotson   04-28-2009, 02:12 PM
jerrund Wrote:For television, the funniest scene I can recall is from the famous Thanksgiving episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati"
--"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

Funny funny stuff.

I think this is one of the funniest half-hours in television history. Great episode.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4