Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Logan   06-07-2009, 09:55 PM
palsunstar Wrote:As much as it was a travesty of justice for Bruce Lee to get stabbed in the back by the producers of Kung Fu, I don't see any reason to dislike David Carradine for taking the role.

Really? Other than a physical resemblance (unavoidable), you see both characters as basically the same? What similarities do YOU see (other than the aforementioned physical resemblance)?

For one, you're right, I shouldn't hold it against Carradine, but I do. And just so it's out there, I thought he portrayed Cain in a very believable manner. With his distinct speech pattern though, and not to mention his flute, he brought the same persona to Bill as he did Cain. He just played Bill as a bad guy. IMO, a lot of actors do this.

In the end he had a good run and he entertained us. We can't ask much more from an actor. My favorite of his would be "Bird On A Wire", what a great movie. RIP David!
law dawg   06-08-2009, 12:30 AM
johntfs Wrote:[Image: csi-miami-carradine.jpg]
Brilliant!

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Logan Wrote:For one, you're right, I shouldn't hold it against Carradine, but I do. And just so it's out there, I thought he portrayed Cain in a very believable manner. With his distinct speech pattern though, and not to mention his flute, he brought the same persona to Bill as he did Cain. He just played Bill as a bad guy. IMO, a lot of actors do this.

In the end he had a good run and he entertained us. We can't ask much more from an actor. My favorite of his would be "Bird On A Wire", what a great movie. RIP David!

BIRD ON A WIRE is a Leonard Cohen song. Any connection?
t4terrific   06-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Was Bill, uh David killed by ninjas?
cobalt   06-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Closet ninja's it appears.

EWMAN
Brian   06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
That was bad, very bad.

There is no wise man without fault
Noelie   06-11-2009, 11:54 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Closet ninja's it appears.

It's sad when his FAMILY is making it harder and harder to view it as anything but a joke.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Sigokat   06-12-2009, 08:20 AM
I've never cared for the guy myself, but it is a shame that people are reducing his death to nothing more than a crude joke.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Scott Miller   06-12-2009, 10:37 AM
It may not stop the jokes, but it appears as though there will be more to say about his death.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=414026&gt1=28103&

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4