Kenji   08-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Hi, Paul. I have a suggestion for you.

I think you should publish your own bibliography and biography book. Didn't you ever think about it?
For example, thoughts about your own novels, about The Keep movie, about your life style, how to write RJ books and AC, about researching for works, etc,etc.......Am I meddler? :p

Anyway, I think this book will stimulate our curiosity.
fpw   08-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Hi, Paul. I have a suggestion for you.

I think you should publish your own bibliography and biography book. Didn't you ever think about it?
For example, thoughts about your own novels, about The Keep movie, about your life style, how to write RJ books and AC, about researching for works, etc,etc.......Am I meddler? :p

Anyway, I think this book will stimulate our curiosity.

Yeah, well, maybe, but it sure as hell wouldn't stimulate mine. I lead an ordinary, prosaic life. The closest I'll ever come to an autobiography is in various intreviews and the introductions to the short stories in my collections.

Really, I'm a fairly boring guy.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Biggles   08-24-2004, 09:10 PM
fpw Wrote:Yeah, well, maybe, but it sure as hell wouldn't stimulate mine. I lead an ordinary, prosaic life. The closest I'll ever come to an autobiography is in various intreviews and the introductions to the short stories in my collections.

I would say more "modest" than "boring". I think the way in which you have balanced a professional practice, a family life, and a writing career is worth writing about. One of the writers on this board (Joe, Susan?) should start interviewing you on tape and consider a biography.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Ken Valentine   08-25-2004, 05:04 AM
fpw Wrote:

I suspect that's what everyone thinks about their own life . . . been there, done that, nothing to get excited about. Right?

Thirty years ago I was a fabricator for Dan Gurney, and part of the crew that built what turned out to be the winningest car in the history of the Indianapolis 500. It was in many respects, tedious, exacting, finicky attention absorbing work. But, to someone who has never done or seen anything like it, it would probably seem glamourous and exciting. Other people's experiences are always more interesting than our own.

I've done a little SCUBA diving in years past, but wreck diving sounds fascinating.

Sew they're. Big Grin

Ken V.
Scott Hajek   08-25-2004, 10:14 AM
fpw Wrote:Yeah, well, maybe, but it sure as hell wouldn't stimulate mine. I lead an ordinary, prosaic life. The closest I'll ever come to an autobiography is in various intreviews and the introductions to the short stories in my collections.

If not an autobiography, how about Kenji's suggestion of a book on writing?

And, I agree with Biggles, "boring" is not a fitting description.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Kenji   08-25-2004, 10:34 AM

Oh,C'mon! You are NOT boring. Because you are Repairman Jack writer. Nobody does think you are boring. Wink
Lisa   08-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Oh,C'mon! You are NOT boring. Because you are Repairman Jack writer. Nobody does think you are boring. Wink

Speak for yourself, Kenji. I can barely stay awake through his pos.....................
Tyson   08-25-2004, 11:07 PM
I agree, Stephen King's On Writing was a nice chance to peek inside the mind and method of a great writer. It also served as a good handbook for beginning writers. I would read a book like that written by all my favorite authors. To the writers and King fans out there, pick this book up, it's in Hardback, Tradepaper and Paperback.