Libby   11-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Spoiler, remember.

So Johan Stevens picked Jim for his hairy palms and other traits, plus Jim liked the violence in football. Q'qrs are hairy, are they not? Does this means that Jim had SO MUCH oDNA that his appearance changed? Does it also mean that is part of why the Otherness chose that particular guy (the father of Jim) to influence in the discovery of cloning? Sorry if this is a repeat.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
fpw   11-10-2008, 11:05 PM
[SPOILER][SIZE="3"]Jim was housing Rasalom. Jonah was loaded with oDNA, but he didn't father Jim. Jim was a clone...and empty vessel.[/SIZE][/SPOILER]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Libby   11-10-2008, 11:13 PM
fpw Wrote:[spoiler]Jim was housing Rasalom. Jonah was loaded with oDNA, but he didn't father Jim. Jim was a clone...and empty vessel.[/spoiler]

True, but I am guessing the Otherness influenced the cloner of Jim to invent cloning, and so create the empty vessel. Was the cloner very full of oDNA, because he was very hairy too. Also, how long was Rasalom being harbored?

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Wapitikev   11-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Libby Wrote:True, but I am guessing the Otherness influenced the cloner of Jim to invent cloning, and so create the empty vessel. Was the cloner very full of oDNA, because he was very hairy too. Also, how long was Rasalom being harbored?

All indications are that R was inside Jim from the moment of his cloned-conception...but he was unable to manifest until the was born of woman.

The timeline would be close for Jim's cloning to coincide with R's death at the Keep.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Libby   11-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:All indications are that R was inside Jim from the moment of his cloned-conception...but he was unable to manifest until the was born of woman.

The timeline would be close for Jim's cloning to coincide with R's death at the Keep.

-Wapitikev

OK, thank you! That makes a lot of sense.Smile

volshan   11-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:All indications are that R was inside Jim from the moment of his cloned-conception...but he was unable to manifest until the was born of woman.

-Wapitikev

Possible spoilers for AC:
[spoiler]
Not only close, but as near exact as it could be, given all the uncertainties inherent in such situations at that time, and with such an unusual circumstance.

I think that is actually stated somewhere, by someone, (Glaeken, in Reprisal, Nightworld or both, iirc), but my hand hurts too much atm to double-check for the exact reference. =)

Paul may correct me, but, since I learned of oDNA, I'd just thought that as someone with an especially high amount, Jonah was guided by the Otherness to be the protector and guardian of both the Vessel (Jim) and the One (R, whom his mother called 'Jimmy').[/spoiler]

Marty

[SIZE="1"]'It stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there's someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master.' - Ayn Rand[/SIZE]
Libby   11-10-2008, 11:46 PM
volshan Wrote:Possible spoilers for AC:
[spoiler]
Not only close, but as near exact as it could be, given all the uncertainties inherent in such situations at that time, and with such an unusual circumstance.

I think that is actually stated somewhere, by someone, (Glaeken, in Reprisal, Nightworld or both, iirc), but my hand hurts too much atm to double-check for the exact reference. =)

Paul may correct me, but, since I learned of oDNA, I'd just thought that as someone with an especially high amount, Jonah was guided by the Otherness to be the protector and guardian of both the Vessel (Jim) and the One (R, whom his mother called 'Jimmy').[/spoiler]

Marty
Thanks.Smile

fpw   11-11-2008, 12:02 AM
volshan Wrote:Possible spoilers for AC:
[spoiler]

[SIZE="3"]That pretty much nails it.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-11-2008, 12:08 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]That pretty much nails it.[/SIZE]

Yo, gang, do we have scholars here or =what=?:thumbsup: