Pages (2): 1 2   
law dawg   10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
So who's watching it? Apart from some police procedural problems it's a good damn show IMO.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
bones weep tedium   10-30-2008, 03:25 PM
law dawg Wrote:So who's watching it? Apart from some police procedural problems it's a good damn show IMO.

Is this the programme where the policeman goes back in time? :confused:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
law dawg   10-30-2008, 03:37 PM
The US version of the BCC show.

bones weep tedium   10-30-2008, 03:47 PM
BBC Wink

I didnt know there was an American version. I just scooted over to wikipedia and read that Gene Hunt is being played by Colm Meaney. Good choice!

What were the procedural problems you noticed? In the BBC version he was in a dream, with deliberate anachronisms and inaccuracies included to reinforce the fact that it was a fictional world he was in. Is it maybe these you spotted?

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Legion   10-30-2008, 05:04 PM
law dawg Wrote:So who's watching it? Apart from some police procedural problems it's a good damn show IMO.

I think Its my new fav Non-Lost show. Its awesome. I love the seventies and I swear I miss that old school beat the perp with a chair routine.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Marc   10-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm enjoying it.
law dawg   10-30-2008, 06:16 PM
The procedural problems are the difference between England and the US. You don't transfer from an upstate PD as a detective to another department in another city. IOW, he's coming to NYPD from whatever small department he had been at. It doesn't work that way over here.

There were a few others that jumped out at me but I can't remember at the moment.

Mick C.   10-31-2008, 11:02 PM
law dawg Wrote:The procedural problems are the difference between England and the US. You don't transfer from an upstate PD as a detective to another department in another city. IOW, he's coming to NYPD from whatever small department he had been at. It doesn't work that way over here.

There were a few others that jumped out at me but I can't remember at the moment.

I like it a lot, too. I've always heard good things about the BBC series but I don't get the BBC channel on cable where it shows and there's no DVD set in U.S. format yet.

The soundtrack is good, including some less-obvious selections.

Not sure about the transfer situation in New York. I know you can do lateral transfers in the same pay grade in some states here in the West, as long as you are state POST certified - a persistent complaint is that LAPD trains its new officers who transfer after a few years to smaller departments where they make more money and the work conditions are better.

But I suspect there will be a lot of anomalies and things that don't seem to make sense in the American series, to heighten the mystery - I read that the American series will be less ambiguous and delve a lot more into the mystery of how he got to 1973 (with the British producer's approval).

And Harvey Keitel's always great to watch!

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Kenji   11-29-2008, 10:32 AM

Who's watching it? Yeah I'm watching it! :itsme:

Tonight I watched 1st episode, and I enjoyed it! But, well, you'll laugh about this. Japanese title is "Spacetime Cop 1973".

Not joke, it's true. :xd:
Brian   11-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Interesting series, I'm liking it more and more.
Pages (2): 1 2