Lysistrata   10-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Remember in Gateways, Jack wants [SPOILER]to be able to fight should his plane be hijacked. To fool the security portal, he tapes a Plexiglas knife to his arm.
[/SPOILER]
It might not be possible in the future:
[SPOILER]
"a machine the company makes in St. Petersburg, Florida -- one that creates explicit images of traveler's bodies to find weapons under their clothes."
http://hsdailywire.com/single.php?id=6774

If Jack must travel again, he'll have to chose very carefully his airports...[/SPOILER]

As an aside, I wonder how long it will take before the images find their way on internet?

Trying to be nice
Legion   10-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:Remember in Gateways, Jack wants [SPOILER]to be able to fight should his plane be hijacked. To fool the security portal, he tapes a Plexiglas knife to his arm.
[/SPOILER]
It might not be possible in the future:
[SPOILER]
"a machine the company makes in St. Petersburg, Florida -- one that creates explicit images of traveler's bodies to find weapons under their clothes."
http://hsdailywire.com/single.php?id=6774

If Jack must travel again, he'll have to chose very carefully his airports...[/SPOILER]

As an aside, I wonder how long it will take before the images find their way on internet?

Yeah, if its the one Im thinking of it actually shows in color the details of the body under the clothes. Makes me wish I had taken that airport security job... um... anyway.

The machine I am thinking of deletes the images immediately after shown, because people flipped out ( rightly so)

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
cobalt   10-26-2008, 03:53 PM
The last I took a flight was about 2 years ago. ( I remembered not to wear clogs...too many staples/studs caused the machine to beep.) So I go thru the machine and set off the alarm. No shoes, so I thought my belt....took that off....beep yet again. Now I get the hand wand which doesn't like my choice in underwear/under wire.....I was hysterically laughing as the guy turned bright red when the female guard took over to scan my upper body.

EWMAN
Pacal   10-31-2008, 12:41 PM
A recent episode of The Unit on CBS showed the heroes pulling the extension handles out of their rolling luggage. They had improvised .22's I'd think. That was a nice treat. I've gotten used to travelling pretty lean. It makes you want to show up in sandals and sweats.