Pages (2): 1 2   
Legion   10-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I know the dialogue would be a mess to write, but how about an Abe Spin-Off?

I would love to know more about Abe and his early goings on. I mean, no coincidences also means everybody in Jacks life is likely tied in somehow. How about a series with a young Abe.Idea

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
berrymastiff   10-23-2008, 11:56 PM
I dunno... Abe reminds me a bit of the SNL Characters (and the Lone Gunmen characters on the X-files) in that they are GREAT as bit players, but not deep enough to be main characters. My take is that Abe is best left as he is.

Now Glaeken...some stories about his life through the ages would be pretty interesting....and perhaps some on Srem?
KRW   10-24-2008, 12:19 AM
berrymastiff Wrote:I dunno... Abe reminds me a bit of the SNL Characters (and the Lone Gunmen characters on the X-files) in that they are GREAT as bit players, but not deep enough to be main characters. My take is that Abe is best left as he is.

Now Glaeken...some stories about his life through the ages would be pretty interesting....and perhaps some on Srem?

I agree with another Glaeken story or twelve. That's easy because, well, he's Glaeken. But I would also like to see an Abe short story, especially explaining how he started gun running and even to the extent of how he became so trusted with the underground. We only get to see Abe setting behind his counter at his sports shop. He leads a second hidden life, just like Jack. I'm sure there's been many an occasion in his dealings that must have caused him some angst. After all, he doesn't deal in flowers and he's not pushing daisies!Wink

And on side note, FPW did a stellar job with "Lippidleggin". I want to see Abe dance.Smile
johntfs   10-24-2008, 12:24 AM
KRW Wrote:I agree with another Glaeken story or twelve. That's easy because, well, he's Glaeken. But I would also like to see an Abe short story, especially explaining how he started gun running and even to the extent of how he became so trusted with the underground. We only get to see Abe setting behind his counter at his sports shop. He leads a second hidden life, just like Jack. I'm sure there's been many an occasion in his dealings that must have caused him some angst. After all, he doesn't deal in flowers and he's not pushing daisies!Wink

And on side note, FPW did a stellar job with "Lippidleggin". I want to see Abe dance.Smile

Maybe a "story-within-a-story" sometime. Have Jack meeting with Abe several time suring a novel and each time he gets a little bit more of some story from Abe's former life. It occurs to me that Abe stories would be good for the "Young Repairman Jack series." Unless the timeline has already dictated when Jack met Abe. If it has, I don't recall.

Meawhile, a Glaekan story would be fun. But I'd really like to see a whole novel or two set during the "First Age." You know, let FPW try his hand at high fantasy.
KRW   10-24-2008, 12:40 AM
johntfs Wrote:Maybe a "story-within-a-story" sometime. Have Jack meeting with Abe several time suring a novel and each time he gets a little bit more of some story from Abe's former life. It occurs to me that Abe stories would be good for the "Young Repairman Jack series." Unless the timeline has already dictated when Jack met Abe. If it has, I don't recall.

I don't think so. Abe needs his own story, even if it is a short. I would also like to hear the story behind how Jack met Julio.

johntfs Wrote:Meawhile, a Glaekan story would be fun. But I'd really like to see a whole novel or two set during the "First Age." You know, let FPW try his hand at high fantasy.

Like I said, a story or twelve. That should do it.Wink
GeraldRice   10-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Oy, I should read this? He's not a bad guy, but how much eating and yelling at customers do you want?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Legion   10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Oy, I should read this? He's not a bad guy, but how much eating and yelling at customers do you want?

As Jack noted in By the Sword (when giants imitated abe, which was one of the best scenes in the series because we got to see one of those rare realistic relationship moments between jack and gia) Abe eats because thats about all he has. his wife is gone and his daughter and he do not speak, and it seems his only real friend is Jack.

But before al of this Abe had a life which earned him enough respect to have contacts eveywhere.

Also, what caused abe to turn to gun running? we know Jacks mothers death was his catalyst. what was abes? does his daughter know what he sells? rollerblades, I do not mean. has has he run into the otherness Pre-Jack?

Also I agree that fleshing out the Julio backstory would be awesome. I mean, he was important enough that Jack brought him along in Nightworld. It would be nice to here or than meng from him, too.

Basically, i am saying that as things wrap up I want more details on the supporting cast.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
cobalt   10-24-2008, 09:57 AM
KRW Wrote:Abe needs his own story, even if it is a short. I would also like to hear the story behind how Jack met Julio.

I agree. I'd love to see stories of how Jack met Abe and Julio. And how Jack came to depend upon these two essential friends. Also, just how much the Otherness has touched them as well! If we're talking wishes here.....Idea

EWMAN
Lysistrata   10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
KRW Wrote:I would also like to hear the story behind how Jack met Julio.

It has been explained in one of RH books.

Can't remember which one, so spoiler for... err...

[SPOILER]Jack did a fix-it job for Julio: like the fix-it in conspiracies, Julio's sister was married to a b*****d who hit her. Jack took care of it and everlasting friendship with Julio ensued.[/SPOILER]

Trying to be nice
cobalt   10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
True Lysis, it has been mentioned. But I'd want the whole fix....and the story behind it as it were.

EWMAN
Pages (2): 1 2