Pages (2):    1 2
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
webby Wrote::thumbsup:

Maybe the next one will enter in the top 20. That would be very cool.

And I just gotta say that King and Koontz got nothing on you! They've been coasting on their reputations for years while you consistently put out top-notch storytelling. Phht on them. You are the man!

No two ways about it, webby. King and Koontz used to be mighty, but now they're burned-out, dried-out, and coasting. Feasting on the cheeseburgers of former glory.

Don't know about the rest of the gang, but Ah's proud to be a Paulcat!
KRW   10-27-2008, 09:42 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Advance word from the publisher that BY THE SWORD will enter the November 2nd NY Times extended hardcover bestseller list at #31. I’d prefer to enter at #1, of course, but that’s for the likes of King and Koontz & Co.

Thanks to all of you who helped put it there.

Each book continues to sell more than the last, but with only 3 more left, we’ve no time to reach the critical mass or readership necessary for that sort of leap. [/SIZE]

CONGRATS PAUL!!!!! Don't feel bad about #31, getting there is an achievement in itself. And when it comes to King and Koontz & Co., they write the same thing over and over again. You haven't reached their status because you've written across several different genres and were unclassifiable for the longest time, and you never wrote a stinker to boot!
DrFoix   10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
With my Huskers still clawing their way back to respectability I can at least say that my favorite author is kicking some ass!

Way to go FPW. The character and the premise are such a pleasure to follow.

After this weekend against the rival Sooners hopefully the Huskers will become ranked as well. Go Big Red!!!

Chris
beowulf   10-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Congrats. I am always trying to spread the word and have turned anumber of people on to Jack and FPW. I wonder how the proliferation of used book sales today effects the numbers these lists use.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Pages (2):    1 2