Pages (3):    1 2 3   
mkmfpwfan   10-23-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm still thinking that the dog is more important than the human. The human is the extension of the dog. The personality of the human is often compatible with that of the dog.I could be wrong here -------mark
Legion   10-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Susan Wrote:Herta is also an anagram for HEART.

Susan

Okay, so if shes heart, then where are the rest of the planeteers?Confusedmilewinkgrin:

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
KRW   10-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Legion Wrote:Well, if you take the letters that form Herta you get EARTH, and given Rasaloms tendency to rearrange letters why wont she?
And there you have it. Rasalom is the dog ladys. He's posing as Gaia.
rjack_fan   10-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm going to go with Earth for now, and see where that goes. I do reserve the right to change my mind at any point should this debate point to another, more logical, explanation Smile

So if she is Earth (or Mother Earth, or something similar), it does make sense that she is hurt when the pillars are buried and that the lines appear on her back.

But what's with the holes that are in the body, where you can see right though to the other side? That may be a key part to figuring this out too.

Any thoughts?
cobalt   10-26-2008, 10:28 AM
I always thought that as the pillars were buried, that act caused the holes to appear in her. Otherness "anchors" to make her weak and the Earth an easy place to take over.

EWMAN
KRW   02-26-2009, 10:23 PM
rjack_fan Wrote:I'm going to go with Earth for now, and see where that goes. I do reserve the right to change my mind at any point should this debate point to another, more logical, explanation Smile

So if she is Earth (or Mother Earth, or something similar), it does make sense that she is hurt when the pillars are buried and that the lines appear on her back.

But what's with the holes that are in the body, where you can see right though to the other side? That may be a key part to figuring this out too.

Any thoughts?

Hearta told Jack the hole happened when Anya died and was much more painfull than when a pillar was buried. (She also mentioned that she would die when all the pillars were buried)

The map of the world is on her back, why? A hole through her body (reinforced in Infernal with the little black girl and the pug-mutt) that didn't kill her but healed leaving the void in her lower abdomen, why?

I see the hole in the abdomen caused by Anya's death as losing a part of herself. And it's in the lower abdomen... FPW's a Dr. and I'm sure he targeted a certain part of the body with that location in mind....
Biggles   02-27-2009, 05:39 PM
berrymastiff Wrote:A smattering of different dog types. It might be interesting to see a Japanese lady with a Tosa Inu. Or a South African lady with a Boerboel. I would take those dogs in a fight with chew wasps. Hell, maybe even in a fight with Roma. Look them up....

On another note:

I tend to belive that the dog lady is a manifestation of Gaia. Certainly she matches the description of a personification of the earth. And check out of the Gaia Hypothesis... sounds like blending the earth in parrallel with the Otherness and wherever the Ally is from.

I think the ultimate fighting dog would be the pug. If my pug could not physically defeat an opponent, she would snub it, then lead it on a chase and finally vanquish it with a fart in its general direction.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Ken Valentine   03-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Susan Wrote:Herta is also an anagram for HEART.

Susan
Has anybody noticed that in GATEWAYS, Anya's last name is Mundy. I'm willing to bet that Mundy comes from Mundo . . . as in El Mundo, which is Spanish for The World.

Ken V.
KRW   03-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Has anybody noticed that in GATEWAYS, Anya's last name is Mundy. I'm willing to bet that Mundy comes from Mundo . . . as in El Mundo, which is Spanish for The World.

Ken V.

That's very perceptive, that never occured to me. Now that I've finaly caught up with everyone on reading books I noticed Glaeken said that it's not that simple (the mother earth type), but I'm thinking it's not that far off either.
Pacal   03-03-2009, 06:45 PM
KRW Wrote:Glaeken said that it's not that simple (the mother earth type), but I'm thinking it's not that far off either.
Exactly. She refuses ties to the Ally and the Otherness, remaining focused on what is good for Earth's residents. If not Mother Earth herself, perhaps she is another agent like Glaeken or Rasalom. What if the dogs are the personification (wrong word?) of Mother Earth?
Pages (3):    1 2 3