Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Brian   12-05-2008, 06:30 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:I've always hated Van Damme and Segal. And yeah, you'd think Van Damme would have English figured out.

Both are bad actors. Segal is a pus bag, waste of air, poor excuse of a human being.

There is no wise man without fault
Kenji   12-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Brian Wrote:Both are bad actors. Segal is a pus bag, waste of air, poor excuse of a human being.

I agree. I don't like Segal's movies except "Executive Decision". Big Grin
Dirt Devil   12-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I saw a movie about a year ago called "The GingerDead Man" which you have to see to believe. I could not stop laughing the whole way through the movie and will always remember it as the most hilarious worst movie I have ever seen.

Basically, you have Gary Busey who plays a killer out to get revenge on a family and somehow he gets killed, but his blood is baked into the family's gingerbread recipe and out pops a homicidal gingerbread man who is voiced by Gary Busey. Wow... Too funny...
Automatic Jack   12-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Here's one that's notable for a reason you may not expect: THE LAST WOMAN ON EARTH (1960), directed by Roger Corman.

Basically it's about a wealthy businessman, his hot wife and their lawyer who end up being the only survivors of some mystery plague that's wiped out the rest of humanity (although it's not like they really leave the area, so possibly only Puerto Rico was affected). Now, from the title and the lurid DVD cover, you might expect this to degenerate into an obvious plot where the two men duke it out over THE LAST WOMAN ON EARTH! You'd be partially right, except for one thing:

You didn't count on Robert Towne writing the screenplay AND starring as the hapless lawyer friend. Towne, who won an Academy Award for Chinatown, wrote and starred in THE LAST WOMAN ON EARTH!

So basically you end up with a really cheesy, low-budget effort with all the hallmarks of your average B-movie, with the exception of the screenplay, which really confused me for the duration of the film until I discovered who the writer was. I can't say it's comparable to Chinatown, but it's definitely worth watching just for the strangeness of watching the script straining to overcome its puny confinements.

ALSO RECCOMENDED:
-ZARDOZ, in which Sean Connery wears a red diaper and must defeat giant flying stone heads that spit guns and lines like "The penis is evil!" Then he goes after a race of immortals who want him to teach them about sex. Then he runs around a hall of mirrors screaming "Kill the tabernacle!" An art film that nearly cost me a number of friendships after I screened it at my house.

-MARS NEEDS WOMAN, in which Martians need to repopulate their planet by kidnapping human females while saying things like "The exotic dancer is secured!" Notable for starring a former Disney child star who was later kicked out for charges of homosexuality.

-ELECTRIC DRAGON 80,000 VOLTS: Not actually a bad movie, I just love the title so much. It's a Japanese film about a man who communicates with lizards and must control his ability to generate massive amounts of electricity by playing his guitar really spazztically. Then he is challenged to a fight by the Electric Buddha. ....Yeah. You should watch it.

Ya gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!
Sigokat   12-08-2008, 08:54 AM
S.I.C.K.

Serial Insane Clown Killer

Now by the title one would assume that some insane killer is killing clowns, but not so. The killer is the clown, well that is what I gathered from the first ten minutes before I turned it off. I'm all about getting wasted watching deliberately bad horror movies (Jack Frost and Jack Frost 2 were awesome!) but this pile of trash was so miserable I couldn't find enough alcohol in my house to get further then 10 minutes.

Another one (that I did watch all the way to the end). Biker Zombies from Detriot. The name tells the jist of the film, but it was so horrible and the acting so bad (I think they just pulled kids from the street to be in the movie) that is was painful to watch. I think the budget was so low that they couldn't refilm certain scenes, hence when someone jacked up their lines but it just kept on going.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
LolaRennt   12-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I looked on Netflix to see if they have Gingerdead Man. They do.

Did you know that there's a sequel?

Why do I always do this to myself???
RichE   01-04-2009, 12:03 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:Lately the boyfriend and I have been on a bad movie streak. We watched Night of the Lepus - nothing like bunnies going on a killing rampage. We also watched Black Sheep recently as well. And a few others that were kind of hit or miss in the hilarity department...

Any other bad movie (so bad they're hilarious) recommendations?

Check out these stinkers: From Legend Films dvd in colour!
KILLER SHREWS/GIANT GILA MONSTER, PHANTOM FROM SPACE,CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA, PHANTOM PLANET, BRIDE OF THE MONSTER and THE DEVIL BAT.
And don't forget EYES WIDE SHUT or any film with Madonna trying to act!
PicardRex   01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
[quote=sigokat]S.I.C.K.

Serial Insane Clown Killer

I can't believe someone other than myself has actually seen this, you did the smart thing by shutting it off, it was beyond stupid.

Other bad movies in a different vein, Hawk the Slayer and Sword of the Valiant.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5