Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Tony H   10-17-2008, 07:45 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:The suggestions sound fun! The boyfriend is asking how much booze he should stock up to accompany said bad movies. Ha ha ha!

He's a good sport because I tend to be the one to pick out the bad movie (mostly). He has a blind spot, though. If the movie involves motorcycles, he doesn't bother with learning anything else. This is how we wound up watching Knight Riders (think Don Quixote on a motorcycle).

Me - I just deliberately go for the bad movie, if I have heard that it's unintentionally funny.

Please excuse any typos - I had a mojito for lunch and I have lost some typing ability. I think I caught them but you never know. Hey...it's Friday!

For an intentionally bad film check out The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra...awesomeness.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
wdg3rd   10-18-2008, 02:20 AM
LolaRennt Wrote:The suggestions sound fun! The boyfriend is asking how much booze he should stock up to accompany said bad movies. Ha ha ha!

Some years back, bad meant good and baddest meant best. I recommend the Mick Travis trilogy of dark "comedies" directed by Lindsay Anderson starring Malcolm McDowell. If..., O Lucky Man! and Britannia Hospital. Stock up on the beer, these three are almost seven hours without hitting the pause button to pee and skipping any "special features" on the DVDs. They are (in my arrogant opinion) excellent flicks. "O Lucky Man" has possibly the best music I've ever heard in a movie that wasn't originally a stage musical (in fact, that was the first soundtrack album I ever bought). (Wait, I bought the soundtrack to Planet of the Apes" before that -- that "music" doesn't work without the visuals). Alan Price did some great stuff for the middle movie (which by itself is over three hours of the marathon).

The title song

If you have a friend on whom you think
you can rely - You are a lucky man!
If you've found the reason to live on and
not to die - You are a lucky man!
Preachers and poets and scholars don't know it,
Temples and statues and steeples won't show it,
If you've got the secret just try not to blow
it - Stay a lucky man!
If you've found the meaning of the truth
in this old world- You are a lucky man!
If knowledge hangs around your neck like
pearls instead of chains - You are a lucky man!
Takers and fakers and talkers won't tell you.
Teachers and preachers will just buy and sell you.
When no one can tempt you with heaven or hell-
You'll be a lucky man!

Those last two lines were my .sig quote over twenty years ago. (I've gone through a lot of .sig quotes since I first hit Usenet in 1985 as a kid of thirty).
This post was last modified: 10-18-2008, 02:31 AM by wdg3rd.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Kenji   10-18-2008, 09:17 AM
If you're searching for BAD movie, check this. Oh, this is NOT Marvel's GR.

Ghost Riders

It's real bad movie....don't blame me. it's not the movie I made. :hand:
volshan   10-18-2008, 10:02 AM
There was this one movie I saw years ago...

It's based on a really cool book I read, but the movie absolutely sucked. Directed by Milo Guhrl, I think....or was that Michael Mann? I always get those two confused - please forgive me. Wink

Anyway, I think it was 'The Hut'...but it might've been 'The Keep'. Either way, it was 'The' and a singular noun to follow - that'll narrow it down for ya.

Really bad - if you're looking for bad, find that one and check it out!

Marty

(Can't believe this thread is over half a day old and I'm the first one that went there!)

[SIZE="1"]'It stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there's someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master.' - Ayn Rand[/SIZE]
Susan   10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:Lately the boyfriend and I have been on a bad movie streak. We watched Night of the Lepus - nothing like bunnies going on a killing rampage. We also watched Black Sheep recently as well. And a few others that were kind of hit or miss in the hilarity department...

Any other bad movie (so bad they're hilarious) recommendations?

The Quick and the Dead (1995) with Sharon Stone, Russell Crowe, Gene Hackman and Leonardo DiCaprio. Quite a cast, right? And it is directed by Sam Raimi.

I love this movie, but it is very cheesy and over the top. Which is probably WHY I love it! LOL

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
cobalt   10-19-2008, 08:10 PM
volshan Wrote:There was this one movie I saw years ago...

It's based on a really cool book I read, but the movie absolutely sucked. Directed by Milo Guhrl, I think....or was that Michael Mann? I always get those two confused - please forgive me. Wink

Anyway, I think it was 'The Hut'...but it might've been 'The Keep'. Either way, it was 'The' and a singular noun to follow - that'll narrow it down for ya.

Really bad - if you're looking for bad, find that one and check it out!

Marty

(Can't believe this thread is over half a day old and I'm the first one that went there!)

Yeah, I know....a lot of you "guys" didn't like The Keep. I know I'm in the minority......[SIZE="1"]but I really liked the movie[/SIZE]....sigh

EWMAN
Kenji   10-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Even if you're Peter Fonda fan, if you saw this movie, maybe you'll change your mind.:eek:

"Daijôbu, mai furendo"
GeraldRice   10-20-2008, 09:47 AM
LolaRennt Wrote:Lately the boyfriend and I have been on a bad movie streak. We watched Night of the Lepus - nothing like bunnies going on a killing rampage. We also watched Black Sheep recently as well. And a few others that were kind of hit or miss in the hilarity department...

I just saw "Night of the Demons". Hadn't seen it since it was in theaters back in '88. It was awful.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-20-2008, 12:30 PM

Lola, if a really, really bad sf flick is what you and your boyfriend crave, check out ENEMY MINE. I thought STARSHIP TROOPERS was pathetic, but that was directed by an up-front America-hater. ENEMY MINE was ghastly on its own.:ooh::dontknow:
LolaRennt   10-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Oh man...Enemy Mine is that Dennis Quaid flick where he befriends some alien that he was originally trying to kill, right? I saw that one when I was a kid...

I wonder if the boyfriend has had that one inflicted on him.

And yeah, Starship Troopers was pretty bad although I was laughing at Neil Patrick Harris probing the poor alien. My boyfriend (who is in the airforce) was fairly offended by the director gleefully calling everything about military life "fascist" (this was in the special features). The director's comments were pretty rabid, actually.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5