GeraldRice   10-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Wow, I'm surprised I didn't find a topic for this already. GREAT movie, unlike the typical formulaic comedy I was expecting. I don't remember any characters' names except Sarah Marshall, but it was good because almost all the characters seemed like characters rather than caricatures. The lead dude was deeply insecure and spent much of the first third of the movie crying (but there were some good jokes mixed in there too). He eventually gets over his ex for the very lovely Mila Kunis/hotel desk clerk after he pseudo-stalks Marshall's Hawaiian vacation. I don't want to go into too much, but it was great pacing, better than decent jokes and interesting characters. Only thing there was much too much penis (but even that was sort of funny).

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-06-2008, 04:51 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Wow, I'm surprised I didn't find a topic for this already. GREAT movie, unlike the typical formulaic comedy I was expecting. I don't remember any characters' names except Sarah Marshall, but it was good because almost all the characters seemed like characters rather than caricatures. The lead dude was deeply insecure and spent much of the first third of the movie crying (but there were some good jokes mixed in there too). He eventually gets over his ex for the very lovely Mila Kunis/hotel desk clerk after he pseudo-stalks Marshall's Hawaiian vacation. I don't want to go into too much, but it was great pacing, better than decent jokes and interesting characters. Only thing there was much too much penis (but even that was sort of funny).

Just googled to find out about the flick, Gerald, and found in one spot it got a solid 7.6/10 from 37,000+ voters.
GeraldRice   10-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Definitely worth the rent.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-06-2008, 05:14 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Definitely worth the rent.

Ah...how can I put this delicately...this ain't one of those flicks your girlfriend won't let go of your hand while you're watching, is it?
Tony H   10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
This was a very funny movie. I loved the dracula musical at the end...I wish they would extend that into a movie or a real-life stage play.

I was surprised at how well the movie was paced. Quirky but real characters who are completely relateable. Well worth the rent...or purchase as I did. (And no...not because of the penis.)

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Noelie   10-06-2008, 06:38 PM
I really loved this movie, but yes... WAY too much penis. :p

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
GeraldRice   10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
AsMoral Wrote:This was a very funny movie. I loved the dracula musical at the end...I wish they would extend that into a movie or a real-life stage play.

I was surprised at how well the movie was paced. Quirky but real characters who are completely relateable. Well worth the rent...or purchase as I did. (And no...not because of the penis.)

I was thinking that about the Dracula musical. All the money they put into those puppets- why not finish it off and make a full musical? I actually liked the song.

And no, Mike, you don't need to hold your lady friend's hand whilst watching.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Marc   10-07-2008, 10:56 AM
My wife and I watched it this past weekend and really enjoyed it too. Definitely worth the two hour commitment. And Mila Kunis can actually act!