GeraldRice   10-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I just got this from Blockbuster last week. Great trip down memory lane- I hadn't seen this movie since high school. The funny thing is, I thought it was overly-silly way back then but I just realized they were poking fun at Fist of the North Star (probably other stuff too, I haven't finished the movie yet). The girl who looks like a guy B-Ko tells to rough up C-Ko is a doppleganger for Kenshiro. She's built like and has the =exact= same face save for the different hairstyle and she even does Ken's signature thousand-punch attack before A-Ko hands her her hat. It's always nice to go back and see stuff you missed the first, second or fiftieth time around. I watched this easily a dozen times in my younger years and never picked up on it.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I just got this from Blockbuster last week. Great trip down memory lane- I hadn't seen this movie since high school. The funny thing is, I thought it was overly-silly way back then but I just realized they were poking fun at Fist of the North Star (probably other stuff too, I haven't finished the movie yet). The girl who looks like a guy B-Ko tells to rough up C-Ko is a doppleganger for Kenshiro. She's built like and has the =exact= same face save for the different hairstyle and she even does Ken's signature thousand-punch attack before A-Ko hands her her hat. It's always nice to go back and see stuff you missed the first, second or fiftieth time around. I watched this easily a dozen times in my younger years and never picked up on it.

Ain't it grand, Gerald, how you pick up on more stuff as you get older? A couple of buddies and I were discussing the Cold War last night at Marty O'Briens' Irish Pub, and natch, as a Heinlein scholar, I brought up SOLUTION UNSATISFACTORY. "It's told from the first-person," said I, expanding me chest, "and the narrator is deFries, and.." Stopped cold.

Greg the Cop said, "Christ, Mike ain't gonna stand on his stool and start preaching again, is he?"

Nope. I just realized at that moment, there was =another= Heinlein yarn told in the first-person by a character named "Fries."

But I continued my analysis after that pause. One that would have the State Department of the time rotate their heads EXORCIST-style.
This post was last modified: 10-06-2008, 02:24 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.