dezboi   10-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Barry posted recently a review of Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train...

I was one of the lucky few that managed to find Midnight Meat Train in the theater (a cheap dollar theater halfway across town). I really enjoyed the movie and -- while breaking it open from a short story to an hour and a half long movie -- seemed fairly faithful to the original material (I'm a big-time Barker fan, from the mid-80's, when the Books of Blood originally came out; besides the frame story, this was the first story of his that I read).

Anyway, I did a double-take when I saw what you read -- it is currently up in FearNet OnDemand. I don't peruse the On Demand Fear Net offerings often as the movies tend to be sub-sub B movies (is there such a thing as a "C" horror movie?). Anyhoo, I look forward to checking this out again before it shows up on DVD. Thanks for the info!

On an unrelated FPW related topic, I do recall seeing On Demand the film version of Midnight Mass in which FPW himself has a cameo...the movie stank and (naturally) did not do the original source material justice. * sigh * ah well.

"Many men, perhaps even most, are unhappy in their souls. We burn so hard, but we shed so little light; it makes us crazy and sad." - Clive Barker Galilee