Scott Miller   10-01-2008, 02:44 PM
I don't remember this little gem of a movie being mentioned before. Don Cheadle stars as Petey Green, an ex-con who became a reknowned Washington D.C. disc jockey during the end of the 60's by 'telling it like it is'. His popularity really soared by staying on the air all night the day of Martin Luther King's assasination helping to restore order to an enraged city. It is based on actual events and Cheadle and Vondie Curtis hall are both exceptional in the leads.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   10-01-2008, 05:05 PM
You mean Chewitel Ejiofor, not Vondie Curtis Hall. As I remember Hall was the host of the show that got bumped for Green's. Cheadle just keeps surprising me by showing how good of an actor he is. And I can't remember her name, but the woman who played Petey's girlfriend/wife was excellent. She was brilliant in every scene (and smmmmoookin' too).

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Scott Miller   10-01-2008, 05:14 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:You mean Chewitel Ejiofor, not Vondie Curtis Hall. As I remember Hall was the host of the show that got bumped for Green's. Cheadle just keeps surprising me by showing how good of an actor he is. And I can't remember her name, but the woman who played Petey's girlfriend/wife was excellent. She was brilliant in every scene (and smmmmoookin' too).

Right you are on both fronts, Ejiofor played Dewey and Hall was Sunny Jim. Taraji P. Henson played Vernell and you are right on both fronts again(I'm trying to get my wife to dress more like her).
This post was last modified: 10-01-2008, 05:17 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   10-06-2008, 02:06 PM
If my wife dressed like her I'd be equal parts embarrassed/turned on.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com