Dave F   09-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I love this program in the UK

Apparently the US is getting a new version (I understand that the UK version has been on BBC America)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VANpvOBTJ...re=related

If you haven't seen it - give it a try

One of the most popular programs on British TV over the last few years

The artist formally known as Britfan
Aprilis   09-05-2008, 12:22 AM
I wish BBC America had better programming. I know that y'all have some really great shows over there.
Even if they put on old sitcoms that no longer run I'd watch it all the time

but they only put crap on like cash in the attic, how clean is your house, you are what you eat etc ... it really sucks

Once in awhile they put on coupling, which i own all 4 seasons, or Absolutly fabulous, but generally they show the same episodes over and over.

Smile

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Tony H   09-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Britfan Wrote:I love this program in the UK

Apparently the US is getting a new version (I understand that the UK version has been on BBC America)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VANpvOBTJ...re=related

If you haven't seen it - give it a try

One of the most popular programs on British TV over the last few years

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Little Britain! It did air on BBC America. Yes BBCA has some really crappy shows on its schedule but we do get gems occasionally such as Little Britain, Catherine Tate, HEX, Wire In The Blood, and now Primeval, Doctor Who and it's spin-offs.

I am glad HBO gave Little Britain their own show on cable..though I am scared at what they will get away with. I just hope the kept the announcer.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
bones weep tedium   09-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I can't stand Little Britain :mad:

The first episode I watched was ok, if a little bit like a cheap League Of Gentlemen in many ways.

But I can't stand formulaic comedy sketch shows when it's the same characters every week saying the same catchphrase, in various scenarios.

I am really enjoying The Wrong Door on BBC3--- there are repeating characters, but they don't just spew the same lines each week. Check it out.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Tony H   09-05-2008, 01:42 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I can't stand Little Britain :mad:

The first episode I watched was ok, if a little bit like a cheap League Of Gentlemen in many ways.

But I can't stand formulaic comedy sketch shows when it's the same characters every week saying the same catchphrase, in various scenarios.

I am really enjoying The Wrong Door on BBC3--- there are repeating characters, but they don't just spew the same lines each week. Check it out.

If it aired here in the states I sure would. Maybe it's on the interwebs somewhere.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
APhew   09-05-2008, 06:43 PM
A couple BBC comedies I've really enjoyed are "The I.T. Crowd" and "The Mighty Boosh" (crimping is about the coolest thing... ever). I've watched most of the other ones mentioned and enjoyed most of them, but I had to give a shout out about these shows. Garth Marenghi's "Darkplace" is another gem. (Maggots anyone?)

I just finished watching the first season of "The Fixer" (that stars Andrew Buchan, who was just in the 3rd season premier of "Bones") and thoroughly enjoyed it (although it's a bit dark).

I keep coming back to "Primeval", although I can't fathom why, it jumps the shark about once an episode. Hopefully it will improve with Series 3.

Torchwood (and The Doctor, of course) are great, but for those of you who watch Torchwood on BBCUSA, your getting a heavily edited version.
This post was last modified: 09-05-2008, 06:45 PM by APhew.
Kenji   09-05-2008, 07:40 PM
APhew Wrote:A couple BBC comedies I've really enjoyed are "The I.T. Crowd" and "The Mighty Boosh" (crimping is about the coolest thing... ever). I've watched most of the other ones mentioned and enjoyed most of them, but I had to give a shout out about these shows. Garth Marenghi's "Darkplace" is another gem. (Maggots anyone?)

I just finished watching the first season of "The Fixer" (that stars Andrew Buchan, who was just in the 3rd season premier of "Bones") and thoroughly enjoyed it (although it's a bit dark).

I keep coming back to "Primeval", although I can't fathom why, it jumps the shark about once an episode. Hopefully it will improve with Series 3.

Torchwood (and The Doctor, of course) are great, but for those of you who watch Torchwood on BBCUSA, your getting a heavily edited version.

I enjoyed "The I.T. Crowd" too! Especially my favorite episode is "The Haunting of Bill Crouse". I couldn't stop laughing! :xd: