bravesmlb   08-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Ok, here goes Im new to the board, but am on my 2nd read thru on most of the man's books (more on some), but am focusing on the jack/adversary works. As I just finished taking 2 bar exams I might be reading too much into this, but I noticed in Hosts that the Russian women mentions in Jack's fever state that "all dead except one, and he is too old," now I obviously know who the "one" is, but a) am i reading too much into this, b) did someone come before G (referring to someone in demonsong), c) is she referring to The Twins (I checked Hosts comes after Conspiracies), or d) Am i just parsing words. Forgot to mention before on the above spoiler warning, I remember someone, probably one of the Ladies mentioning that there had been only 1 i.e. G and have not yet read By the Sword, so if Im missing something there...
Thanks

B
This post was last modified: 08-14-2008, 12:24 AM by bravesmlb.
mad4tunes   08-14-2008, 12:37 AM
bravesmlb Wrote:Ok, here goes Im new to the board, but am on my 2nd read thru on most of the man's books (more on some), but am focusing on the jack/adversary works. As I just finished taking 2 bar exams I might be reading too much into this, but I noticed in Hosts that the Russian women mentions in Jack's fever state that "all dead except one, and he is too old," now I obviously know who the "one" is, but a) am i reading too much into this, b) did someone come before G (referring to someone in demonsong), c) is she referring to The Twins (I checked Hosts comes after Conspiracies), or d) Am i just parsing words. Forgot to mention before on the above spoiler warning, I remember someone, probably one of the Ladies mentioning that there had been only 1 i.e. G and have not yet read By the Sword, so if Im missing something there...
Thanks

B

The one the Russian women are talking about is Glaeken.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
bravesmlb   08-14-2008, 12:57 AM
thanks for responding mad, but what i was trying to convey was not my confusion as to who Glaeken was but rather who the "All dead" were. Just confused me as I sortof remembered someone saying that Glaeken had been the only "spear".

B
Wapitikev   08-14-2008, 01:14 AM
bravesmlb Wrote:thanks for responding mad, but what i was trying to convey was not my confusion as to who Glaeken was but rather who the "All dead" were. Just confused me as I sortof remembered someone saying that Glaeken had been the only "spear".

B

Don't want to spoil things for you but, in the first age, there was more than one tool of the Ally...I won't tell you where you'll find that out, in order to keep you in suspense.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
WGB   08-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the board bravesmlb!
cobalt   08-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Welcome aboard bravesmlb.

EWMAN
Lysistrata   08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
bravesmlb Wrote:thanks for responding mad, but what i was trying to convey was not my confusion as to who Glaeken was but rather who the "All dead" were. Just confused me as I sortof remembered someone saying that Glaeken had been the only "spear".

B

You want to read By the Sword Wink

Welcome!

Trying to be nice